Bolt sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Now that I'm closing in on final assembly, I'm of course missing some bolts.

If anyone can help me out or direct me to the sizes of the following,

Hood to hinge bolts.

Seat to floor

Seat belt to floor

Stepside fender to box ( I think this is 5/8 - 16, but my threads may need chasing.)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
If you can find original GM bolts from the junkyard, they are easier to use than standard bolts from HD or the auto parts store.

The GM bolts are threaded and sized just like the HD bolts, but the end of the GM body bolt comes to a short point instead of being square cut. This makes it much easier to get it lined up with a hole and get the threads started when you are trying to bolt on a fender or hood hinges. Some auto parts stores sell the original style bolts, but you may have to look around.

Bruce

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
If you can find original GM bolts from the junkyard, they are easier to use than standard bolts from HD or the auto parts store.

The GM bolts are threaded and sized just like the HD bolts, but the end of the GM body bolt comes to a short point instead of being square cut. This makes it much easier to get it lined up with a hole and get the threads started when you are trying to bolt on a fender or hood hinges. Some auto parts stores sell the original style bolts, but you may have to look around.

Bruce
I've found a bunch to get it together for mockup and paint, but I had planned to head to the junkyard and swipe a ton of bolts just for that reason, the factory are way easier to get started.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk