Block Sealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok, I put this **** in after I installed the water pump and it worked outstanding. Now more ****** smelly white smoke out of the tailpipe or puddle below the tail pipe when sitting at an idle, huge ass difference. It works fast as **** too. Worth every bit of that $40 bucks. We will see how long it lasts, but it gives me some breathing room and time to get a replacement motor or get things gathered for doing a head gasket job.

I am a totally different person this week not stressing over burning coolant issue. I am a very happy camper and back this product 100%. :High 5:

WooHoo !!! Look out Retro !!! 89S is happy and probably sporting some wood !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Thanks for the preliminary update. Keep this thread updated from time to time and let us know how its working. I'd love to see this junk make a liar out of me. And it might. Product technology has come along way over the years. Good Luck !!! :waytogo:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
WooHoo !!! Look out Retro !!! 89S is happy and probably sporting some wood !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Thanks for the preliminary update. Keep this thread updated from time to time and let us know how its working. I'd love to see this junk make a liar out of me. And it might. Product technology has come along way over the years. Good Luck !!! :waytogo:
That's right Retro! :naughty: :roflbow:

I'm telling ya, as soon as the motor started to warm up this **** plugged the leak and the exhaust turned into a normal exhaust, even sounded different. **** kicks ass, I still don't believe it worked! I feel like I am driving a brand new truck. I actually slept all night last night, lol!! :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So what is this stuff called? Where did you get it? Got a pic of the bottle or can???

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So what is this stuff called? Where did you get it? Got a pic of the bottle or can???
Bars Leaks Head Gasket Fix. **** is a life saver. I'm still pumped up about it. There is a good read on the last paragraph on this web page. :High 5:

http://www.barsproducts.com/1111.htm

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Back in the day, Bars Leak for radiator repair was considered one of the best. I am sure its what Retro refers to as Rat Turds in a bottle cuz that is exactly what it looks like.
I used Alumaseal back in those days and avoided putting rat **** in my cooling system. My bro did use rat **** once on his 67 Chevy truck with great sucess for a big hole in a radiator that Alumaseal just came of it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
This stuff looks is real thick and looks copper colored.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I cant believe it worked dude. I never would have thought that **** in a bottle would actually fix a ****** head gasket. Thats awesome news, happy to hear it man.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ok, 7 days later, haven't lost any coolant in the overflow tank.

:big_banana_Dance:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Cool. So you got a week of sleep !!!

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Those additives can do more harm than good sometimes.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Just a temp patch that can hopefully get me through. I will be shopping for a motor as soon as my god damn income tax check decides to show up. I will be needeing a radiator anyway and the heater core I can reverse flush.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
5+ weeks, still not losing any antifreeze. :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Cool. So why for are you looking to buy a head gasket set??? If its working, I wouldn't touch it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Just paranoid. Want to have it sitting here just in case something let's go. But so far so good. If it make it to next winter I plan on doing the head gaskets then. Until then I can pick **** up and get ready to knock it out. The worst part is going to be those exhaust manifold studs and bolts I think.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And you never know those exhaust studs may be just fine. Best to assume it can go wrong though, and it doesn't then great. Keep in mind, if you do get them all off OK, I would probably chase the threads with a tap/die and I'd replace the bolts/nuts with brass ones. Then when the time comes again for disassembly you won't have that problem to worry about. I think I have told about that trick already. Use brass because its softer. The brass will strip out but allow dissassembly without breaking the studs off. Also won't weld itself to the steel studs so not likely to strip anyway. :waytogo:

You're right, I think you're paranoid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wacky