Blinkers/Hazzards stop working when headlights turned on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I do actually :waytogo: the expert on this will be Devs93. Let me get him in this thread.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
my flashers are not stock they are electrical ones. every light on the exterior is led. i wont need resistors. the side maker/parklight setup worked fine and alternated EXCEPT with the park/headlights on. were you saying that the alternating lights wouldnt work at all? cuz it worked for me with the headlights/ parklights off

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
my flashers are not stock they are electrical ones. every light on the exterior is led. i wont need resistors. the side maker/parklight setup worked fine and alternated EXCEPT with the park/headlights on. were you saying that the alternating lights wouldnt work at all? cuz it worked for me with the headlights/ parklights off

They are only supposed to alternate when the park lights are on. If they are off then they flash the same pulse as the turns. Park lights on, they should alternate.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
They are only supposed to alternate when the park lights are on. If they are off then they flash the same pulse as the turns. Park lights on, they should alternate.

oh i gotcha, i just assumed it still alternated

Devs93

Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
We are trying to figure out how to run LED's in the front turns and front side markers. LED's may screw up the alternating flash they have from factory setup, know what I mean G?

You can use resistors like stated above. I prefer using an led flasher to replace the oem one

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well that helps explain it.... :rolleyes:

Posted from mobile...

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
You can use resistors like stated above. I prefer using an led flasher to replace the oem one

i have replaced the flashers and it doesnt work. do you think resistors would fix the alternating problem with the headlights on? otherwise im good

Devs93

Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
:lol: basically the since leds use such a low votage it cause the fast flash. im not sure what style flasher is on the square bodies. i would guess an ep36 like the 88-95s take. U can pick on up at autozone for like 8 bucks. the tip I can give on finding it is turn on the signal and track down the clicking :lol: guessing under the drivers dash behind the ebrake. the resistors also work great...I just dont wanna splice into anymore wiring than needed...They other issue that can sometimes occur with leds is the turn signals can light up in the gauges when the lights are on......The fix for that is to add some diodes to cancel the feedback.

Devs93

Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
i have replaced the flashers and it doesnt work. do you think resistors would fix the alternating problem with the headlights on? otherwise im good

snuck this one in while I was typing lol gimme a min to through the whole thread

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
:lol: basically the since leds use such a low votage it cause the fast flash. im not sure what style flasher is on the square bodies. i would guess an ep36 like the 88-95s take. U can pick on up at autozone for like 8 bucks. the tip I can give on finding it is turn on the signal and track down the clicking :lol: guessing under the drivers dash behind the ebrake. the resistors also work great...I just dont wanna splice into anymore wiring than needed...They other issue that can sometimes occur with leds is the turn signals can light up in the gauges when the lights are on......The fix for that is to add some diodes to cancel the feedback.

leds dont use low voltage they are low current draw :Big Laugh: but it didnt cause hyperflash for me it caused... no flash! but the new flashers fixed that, only problem i got is alternating with the headlights on.

Devs93

Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Ok the diagrasm look correct so lets start with this Im not sure what you mean by electrical flashers you gotta P/N or link? What kinda bulbs are u running 1156/194? Also what brand? Links would be great if available

Devs93

Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
leds only need low voltage as well I can light most off a 9 volt battery but yes low amp draw etc

Devs93

Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
ah hell I know what the prob is

They arent HyPer - LEDS :lol:

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
leds only need low voltage as well I can light most off a 9 volt battery but yes low amp draw etc

true, once leds are on more voltage doesnt make em brighter. but they are all chinese leds ha. an electronic flasher is just a flasher with a circuit that flashes at a set rate so they are independant from current draw. the stock flashers are thermal so i high current draw heats em up and they flash at a certain temperature. so leds and regular bulbs work the same on the electronic units but dont work on the thermal units. i dont have any links but i know the flasher also says its an led compatible flasher.and yes 196 leds in the sides but 1157 in the front. all bulbs are of the original type but in led fasion. just look up an electronic flasher if ur still confused. the problem im having here is with whatever the mechanism by which the side markers and parklights alternate. haha get what im sayin??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes