best option for a 2" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
I need to replace the shocks and leaf springs on my poor worn-out old truck. It was a farm truck in a previous life and the suspension is a little worse for the wear. If I've got to replace everything anyways, I'd like to go back with about a 2" lift. What is my best option for a kit or putting components together myself? This is probably going to be a street truck 75% of the time, so I don't need super heavy duty or anything. Any suggestions?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Just a pick for reference
You must be registered for see images
Iirc this is either a 2 or 3 inch lift

Sent from the dust in front of you!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I dunno that looks like maybe 4" which is a good hassle free DD amount of lift. I may be wrong but I think if you are replacing the entire spring packs that 4" is the minimum. The 2" lifts are add a leafs.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yep that looks like 2" Im pretty sure he didn't use add a leafs though lol

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
I dunno that looks like maybe 4" which is a good hassle free DD amount of lift. I may be wrong but I think if you are replacing the entire spring packs that 4" is the minimum. The 2" lifts are add a leafs.

I saw somewhere or another that putting a flat leaf in the front instead of the reverse curve would give you about 2". The only reason I don't want to go 4" is because I want to run 31" tires and that would just look weird.

Last edited:

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Just a pick for reference
Iirc this is either a 2 or 3 inch lift

What size tires are you running?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
That was just a pic I got off the internet a while back. Mine's a 2wd so it's going to be lil more difficult :-( as I'll pretty much be a test dummy for the 88 plus spindles and such required to lift mine.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That's probably just an internet pic. I would say 33s. I don't think it would look to bad. Maybe if you had a 6-8 inch lift it would start to look pretty funny.

The stock springs are not reverse curve/negative arched from the factory. They are like that from sagging. I have a set of factory 3/4 ton springs and they are still flatish lol.

I just don't think you can get a complete replacement spring from off the shelf at a 4x4 shop that is less then 4". You could try GM and then add a leaf for the 2" or a spring shop that will build a custom set for you.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
That's probably just an internet pic. I would say 33s. I don't think it would look to bad. Maybe if you had a 6-8 inch lift it would start to look pretty funny.

The stock springs are not reverse curve/negative arched from the factory. They are like that from sagging. I have a set of factory 3/4 ton springs and they are still flatish lol.

I just don't think you can get a complete replacement spring from off the shelf at a 4x4 shop that is less then 4". You could try GM and then add a leaf for the 2" or a spring shop that will build a custom set for you.

Ok, that sucks. I guess allow me to rephrase my original question:

Where can I get a complete </=4" suspension lift kit for a reasonable price? Leafs, blocks, shocks, etc.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dang, I have a great pic of a 2" lifted truck with 33's, but it's on my work computer. If you need springs anyway, there is a company that makes softer lift springs, EZ-Ride I believe they are called. If you were keeping your springs (as I am planning on) you could do 1" Zero-Rates and a 1" body lift for an easy 2" lift.

edit: Tough Country does the EZ Rides... http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/TuffCountry.htm
Zero Rates... http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero Rates.htm
1" Body Lift... http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/oneinchlift.htm

Last edited:

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok, that sucks. I guess allow me to rephrase my original question:

Where can I get a complete </=4" suspension lift kit for a reasonable price? Leafs, blocks, shocks, etc.

Rockymountainsuspension.com has some good prices on rough country. Under $400 for a 4"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
4 inch lift with 31s lil dwarfed

Same truck same lift with 35s perfect.

Pics don't do justice imo 4 inch lift with anything smaller then 35s looks like you ran out of money lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
imo 4 inch lift with anything smaller then 35s looks like you ran out of money lol

Function is often better than looks. For a long wheelbase truck, it's extremely hard to beat the versatility of a soft 4 inch lift and 33" tires. It's the Jack-of-all-trades combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman