Best brand of fuel pump and sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
Hey guys whats best fuel pump and sending unit. I put a spectra in it last year and its sending unit is funky making gauge read over a hafe tank I have to tap on gauge moved barely. I ran out of gas thinking it was this full.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I installed the Spectra assembly, and while we'll see how it holds up over time, I think it'll work. I also installed the Spectra sender in my carbureted Caprice, and it's done well. However, Delphi/Delco assemblies are seen as the OEM gold standard, and Walbro pumps are popular.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I installed the Spectra assembly, and while we'll see how it holds up over time, I think it'll work. I also installed the Spectra sender in my carbureted Caprice, and it's done well. However, Delphi/Delco assemblies are seen as the OEM gold standard, and Walbro pumps are popular.

Speaking of, got any idea one the difference between a delphi and delco pump? Autozone had both and two different prices and I was scratching my head. And I pronouned Del-FI about 6 times and he kept saying del-fee.... errrrr. He even has an 85 squarebody (that I have never seen) and forgets me every time I come in.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Speaking of, got any idea one the difference between a delphi and delco pump? Autozone had both and two different prices and I was scratching my head. And I pronouned Del-FI about 6 times and he kept saying del-fee.... errrrr. He even has an 85 squarebody (that I have never seen) and forgets me every time I come in.
Well intelligence is not a prerequisite to warm at Azone man. All you need to be able to do is push keys on a keyboard.:emotions34::happy175::happy175:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Not entirely sure. Some of that stuff for both companies is made here and some is made overseas. If they have them in stock, I'd ask to see them to see if you can see where they're made. I would choose either, though. Spectra is made in China, of course. Funny you should mention the Delphi thing. I used to pronounce it Del-FI, which was since I could talk. They have a small factory of some sort in my hometown so I've always seen it. However, I started pronouncing it Del-FEE a couple years ago because the city of Delphi in Greece is appropriately pronounced that way, which I found out in a Greek class that I took. I did a little homework on it, and Del-FI is an English corruption of the pronunciation. To each their own, though.
:cheers:

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Not entirely sure. Some of that stuff for both companies is made here and some is made overseas. If they have them in stock, I'd ask to see them to see if you can see where they're made. I would choose either, though. Spectra is made in China, of course. Funny you should mention the Delphi thing. I used to pronounce it Del-FI, which was since I could talk. They have a small factory of some sort in my hometown so I've always seen it. However, I started pronouncing it Del-FEE a couple years ago because the city of Delphi in Greece is appropriately pronounced that way, which I found out in a Greek class that I took. I did a little homework on it, and Del-FI is an English corruption of the pronunciation. To each their own, though.
:cheers:

Maybe so, but I lived near a plant in Kokomo Indiana. We all called it fI. When I worked at the shop too, we called it fI. Its all Ive ever heard it called. But where American, you know we bastardised it. Ha.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Don't forget the double blade chrome windshield wiper section....or are you to young to remember those?

You knew you were dealing with a badass if his Camaro had the double blades with the wind deflectors on them too.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Only if it was 5 different colors, side exhaust and N50s oh and a Z28 grill on one fender and not the other.lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Only if it was 5 different colors, side exhaust and N50s oh and a Z28 grill on one fender and not the other.lol

Don't forget the JC Whitney fiberglass hood too.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Don't forget the JC Whitney fiberglass hood too.
For sure and rusty Tricks on the back and beat up fake Centerlines on the front because they kinda look the same and the N50s are dryrotted and bald but not from that car........lol and cheap gauges mounted to the hood, inside ones of course with chrome tape covering them.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
For sure and rusty Tricks on the back and beat up fake Centerlines on the front because they kinda look the same and the N50s are dryrotted and bald but not from that car........lol and cheap gauges mounted to the hood, inside ones of course with chrome tape covering them.

All wrapped around the mighty 305, thats bored itself out to somewhere in the 307 neighborhood. In front of a well worn autotragic slushbox.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88SQDRW