Been sitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
Hope everyone is doing well.

My truck sat for about 8 months and only got cranked maybe 6 times.

I have it back driving (F a reman power steering box, too, btw.) and it seems to be running a bit rougher than usual. For you fellas that know more than I do, what all should I do? Adjust the carb? Break down and buy the Holley I been wanting, or what? It's drivable but just seems rough.

Thanks guys.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
My guess is bad gas ******* up everything. My advice would be empty tank, full it up with 93 and add a can of seafoam to the tank, and replace the fuel filter. See if that helps, if not time for a carb rebuild

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
I plan on doing that today. Luckily, I planned ahead before I parked it and ran it out of gas. I'll get a tank of 93 and seafoam, and a new filter, and see where that puts me.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
My truck rarely gets used in the winter, in the last 3 years I've had it, it has sat for 6 months, 4 months and 5 months without getting touched at all over the winter. However, I always put marine stabil in the gas, using the low dose during spring/summer/fall and then the high dose before parking it for winter. I haven't had any real issues. I've read a lot about gas storage since I also have a boat that sits all winter. The latest recommendation with ethanol fuel is to actually leave the tank full so there is less room for condensation inside the tank, ethanol attracts water so it can turn bad fairly easily. I'd definitely do what you've planned and drive it some to any water/old fuel out the tank and see if it improves before replacing parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare