Bearing fell apart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
Doing the turn signal switch in my 87 v10 and this bearing fell apart. What do I call it and I'll try to pick one up tomorrow.....

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
I tried to post a pic but something is up with my phone. I completely tore down the column as in the tutorial and pulled the two pins out of my tilt column. It was very easy to replace the turn signal switch at this time but my steering column bearings which are supposed to be contained in a whitish sleeve inside the column fell out and the part needs to be replaced.....

any ideas? thanks in advance

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
Well hopefully you found the part you needed. I need to take my column apart someday too. I was replacing the turn signal stalk and broke the wiring from the original one off inside the column. I have the wiring for the new one running on the outside of the column for now. I watched a video too of dismantling the column and it looked pretty involved I thought.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
There's a good sticky by 89suburban about it in this section of the forum.

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
I've been using 89 suburbans video for a couple years now and it is very helpful.

I found the parts I needed from LMC, my local parts guy couldn't locate it.... Its a rack a sector kit that includes the 2 bearings, $55 bucks or so. The job isn't too bad with the tutorial but many little parts and I found new problems when I opened her up....

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
In case anybody needs to find the steering column bearings in the future. Crown automotive makes a repair kit. On Summit I could only find 1 for Jeeps but I googled it with the crown name. Popped right up on Amazon... I hate Amazon but it was sold thru some gm parts place... a little cheaper than LMC and free shipping. Eventually this old girl will roar again..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus