Beach Permits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savage

1 post per year
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV M1008
Engine Size
6.2L/Th400/NP208
Honestly, once you experience going right on the beach in your truck with all your **** and even full-sized BBQs, you'll never want to go back to the traditional way of "beaching". Plus, driving down the line with your music on, checking out all the other 4x4s and people (girl) watching too is much better than just walking down a beach holding your chairs and towels, lol. Anyone have beach permits for their trucks?

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
My dad had a beach permit for my 87. Once time travel is perfected, I'm going to use it to go back to the day he took out that permit and kick his ass so hard he'll never be able to go to the beach again.

Beach sand ruined my truck. If it wasn't for beach sand, I wouldn't have to replace both rockers, cab corners, a large chunk of my floor, and the passenger door. Hell, if it wasn't for beach sand, I would be driving that truck today instead of having it sit in pieces in my garage.

Savage

1 post per year
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV M1008
Engine Size
6.2L/Th400/NP208
I forgot about that part. If you want to do this, you need to be driving a truck you either don't care about or a truck you do care about and just not care or not know about how bad the sand/salt is (like most people out there). Me? I do care. But I love going out so much and my truck is kind of a trooper about it. At least for now.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Part of the problem with my truck is when my dad had it, he did not wash the truck when he came home from the beach. If he did wash it, he washed the exterior body only. He never washed the frame and rarely drove it in the rain because it was always a secondary vehicle.

While I would still have rust to clean up, it would not be nearly as bad if he had not taken it on the beach.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
This sounds very kick ass. What do you have to do exactly to drive a truck on a beach?

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Obviously, it depends on your location. Beach regs could vary depending on the town, the beach, or whatever else. The only thing you *have* to do to drive on the beach is make sure you follow the rules and you have something that won't get stuck out there.

We never had special tires for the beach, just typical all terrains. Usually had Uniroyal Laredo's mounted to the truck all year.

The most important thing is to not be a dick and ruin it for everyone else.

Savage

1 post per year
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV M1008
Engine Size
6.2L/Th400/NP208
Any 4x4 should be okay as long as you aren't afraid to air down your tires. I say that because I've seen just about everything out there (like, AWD stuff too :().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68