Bad vibration when coming to a complete stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76chevyc20454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have a 1976 k10, i just replaced front brake calipers pads rotors and hoses. My problem is when i come to a complete stop (under 10 mph) there is a vibration that feels like its coming frim the passenger front wheel. It did this before i replaced the brakes. Any clue what it might be? Wheel bearing looked good when i pulled the hub off.

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Could be...

A few things to check, upper and lower control arm mounts for play, either driveline centre shaft support bearing or driveline universal bearings...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Does the vibration go away as soon as you let off the brake pedal while still rolling? You need to find out if it's brake related or speed related. I'd say it's warped rotors but you've said those are replaced. So try to eliminate the brakes as being the problem, then you know it's suspension or drivetrain related and go from there.

76chevyc20454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Does the vibration go away as soon as you let off the brake pedal while still rolling? You need to find out if it's brake related or speed related. I'd say it's warped rotors but you've said those are replaced. So try to eliminate the brakes as being the problem, then you know it's suspension or drivetrain related and go from there.

Im pretty sure its not the brakes because it did it before i replaced them. Its a 10 bolt in the front if that helps and and the hubs are unlocked on it, it stops when i let off the brakes.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Im pretty sure its not the brakes because it did it before i replaced them. Its a 10 bolt in the front if that helps and and the hubs are unlocked on it, it stops when i let off the brakes.

Ok, so it is a 4x4 then. Your details say C20 so... But it could even be the front leaf spring bushings. Hub bearings all seemed to be in good shape when you did the brakes? When you replaced the rotors, did you replace the hub as rotor/hub combo or did the rotor slip over the hubs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76