Auto window kit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
With the availability of power doors everywhere, there is no better way than to use factory power door hardware and then upgrade the harness for the auto down and/or up option. That kit while I don't use such things looks about as stout as my sons plastic Tonka truck. Those kits are cheap for a reason....I'd stay away from it and I'm not saying that just because I build auto up/down harnesses but because I'd never suggest a junk kit. High quality stuff just isn't cheap but theres no sense in settling for mediocrity either.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
if you've ever had manual windows you know it sucks to lay down across the bench seat to get the passenger side. I found this kit on amazon and was wondering what you think and or what you've done to yours. thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Biltek-COMPL...86131849&sr=8-1&keywords=AUTOMATIC+WINDOW+KIT

Buddy of mine put that same kit in his 55 Chevy pick up, lasted 2 months. Like @gmachinz said you can find power windows out of a salvage yard for your truck, let him build you a harness, and you'll be better off in the long run. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
With the availability of power doors everywhere, there is no better way than to use factory power door hardware and then upgrade the harness for the auto down and/or up option. That kit while I don't use such things looks about as stout as my sons plastic Tonka truck. Those kits are cheap for a reason....I'd stay away from it and I'm not saying that just because I build auto up/down harnesses but because I'd never suggest a junk kit. High quality stuff just isn't cheap but theres no sense in settling for mediocrity either.

that's why I ask. definitely looked like a cheap kit so I wasn't sure what everyone else was running. so thank you for saving me! once I get that far what am Im looking at for price on your harness?

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Buddy of mine put that same kit in his 55 Chevy pick up, lasted 2 months. Like @gmachinz said you can find power windows out of a salvage yard for your truck, let him build you a harness, and you'll be better off in the long run. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

2 months!!! wow... that wouldn't even get me through summer lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade