AUTO down splice kit for 73-80 trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Preview
1973-80 power window AUTO DOWN splice kit!
Ok....after MANY attempts at building a splice kit for you guys with 73-80 trucks and factory power windows, at last here is a very durable, stout solid state designed splice kit!

This splice kit requires a seperate power supply run and converts your window motor to relay power AND gives you AUTO DOWN at the same time!

Also designed into this upgrade is the quick stop feature so while your window is traveling down in auto mode, a quick flip up or down of the switch button will stop it in its tracks! Also, in the extremely unlikely event of a relay failure, you can seperate the two connectors from your window wiring and simply connect your old wiring leads back together so at least the windows will operate like factory until you find the source of the window problem-so you have a win-win-win situation now-relay upgrade, AUTO DOWN and easy to convert back to stock!

30A resettable circuit breaker provides power and as with all of my wire harnesses, every termination is dip soldered and dual-wall heatshrinked where possible.

How easy is this to install? Find a suitable spot to mount the relay bank, module and circuit breaker. Next, cut your 2 window motor wires from switch. Then using my supplied 56-series terminals/connectors, crimp/soldered by matching up color and connect leads together-you have 2 leads that go to switch and 2 that go to the motor. Next run the red 12ga power supply to a battery source...fuse panel is fine or if possible run it out to your firewall junction. Last, connect the ground ringlet to your door shell-that's it!!

Now test out the window operation! Make sure before starting this project that your windows do not have any binding issues because the auto down module releases window travel based on sudden/infinite electrical resistance such as the glass stopping once it's reached its downward travel in the door-the solid state IC sees this and opens contacts to cut voltage. So if you have a really bad bind somewhere in your glass channels or hardware, this may be enough to trip the module into stopping the window partway down.

Lastly, since the upgrade provides relay power for both up and down, your stock switch will only be functioning as a switching source for the relays with barely any amperage load placed on it-so voltage loss is decreased-a good thing! PM with any questions you don't see answers to here or post them and I'll do my best to answer them! This kit works on ANY self grounding style of power window motor-one kit does one window and price for a kit is $79 each plus shipping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 93

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1