Anyone got Stacks?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
3" is too small. 5" or 6" would look way cooler.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Op asked for pics with stacks, not neg nancys posting why they don't like stacks and blah blah. Then you got the chevy vs ford,dodge,yota crap shut up already, every truck has it limits and it's uses.

Now back on topic, once it gets warmer this coming up spring. I'll paint my 84, install the lift, more aggressive tires and prob run 3" stacks. Why because if that's what I wanna do I'm gonna do it. Ain't compensating for nothing I just like to be the guy who goes against the crowd.

You might wanna put in some time on this forum before you go around telling people to "shut up" and talking all the junk. I agree, we need to stay on topic but first the eToughGuy act needs to simmer down :waytogo:

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You might wanna put in some time on this forum before you go around telling people to "shut up" and talking all the junk. I agree, we need to stay on topic but first the eToughGuy act needs to simmer down :waytogo:

Tough guy hell no, I'm just sick of every forum you seem to join. People can't just give a person what they asked for, instead they give them reasons why they don't like something.

Now on the other hand, this aint pirate and I see nothing hard core about this place. Just people with love for old chevy trucks. Just for once I'd like to be a member of a truck forum, where you don't have a bunch of whiny cry babies. Who can't handle someone else who has a different like for things.

This thread is the perfect example.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Well there are a few on here with stacks and different creations. We do like unique ideas and creations but we also have opinions :D

Overall we are a very easy going bunch :)

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Hmm stacks originated back with farmers, reg under the body exhaust. When the engine backfired could cause the crops to catch fire. Hence the term smoke stacks, this way if the equipment back fired and didn't blow, the exhaust tubing apart no need to worry.

Also most of yall talking **** about stacks, are prob city boys. Nothing wrong with that btw but I like mud,rocks,hills, water crossings. I've gotten stuck in a mud hole I was actually on the outter part when the shoulder broke. Any ways I had the std down the frame and out the rear behind the tire exhaust. NC muddy,river creek water,sand decided to flow all the way to where the cat meets the manifold.

Unless your sitting up high, I'd run a snorkel and stacks anyday. and for a dedicated offroad rig I'd turn the headers up. Run it right out of the hood.
I for one am a country boy, all of our grain trucks around here shoot out under the cab.
The only Vehicles with stacks are Tractors and Semis.

Op asked for pics with stacks, not neg nancys posting why they don't like stacks and blah blah. Then you got the chevy vs ford,dodge,yota crap shut up already, every truck has it limits and it's uses.

Now back on topic, once it gets warmer this coming up spring. I'll paint my 84, install the lift, more aggressive tires and prob run 3" stacks. Why because if that's what I wanna do I'm gonna do it. Ain't compensating for nothing I just like to be the guy who goes against the crowd.
Where the **** did we start a and i quote you "chevy vs ford,dodge,yota crap" NOONE said crap about the other, we all just said what our OPINIONS ARE, Which was exactly what the OP asked for.
And why the **** would ANYONE run stacks on a gas burner............

My advise, Outgrow your pink panties.....

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
i always heard under body exhaust on trucks called weed burners. and by trucks i mean big rigs. so maybe the farm thing is somewhat true.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The same reason I'm not fond of stacks is the same reason why really nobody here has stacks to show. I don't like them because it seems like every rich kid in the suburbs that's trying to be "country" has them on their high dollar late model diesel truck. It seems like not many other people have them.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I thought we should revive this thread. I'm sure there's some new people on here with stacks that could contribute to this thread. Here's my 84 with 5" stacks.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 150

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Stacks on trucks are like the plastic ball sacks people hang under their trucks......

They just make people point and laugh.

HDBobbers

Reaction score
First Name
EZ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
Looks good, 87silveradk20. I like the look of stacks regardless of what is running. I'm considering them for my new build as I haven't found anything i'm happy with with relation to my flatbed.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
They look good on a Kenworth though.. :D

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Wow, this thread!

It reminded me of the time that chick asked for pics of squares with LED light bars and the crickets didn't even show up!

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Looks good, 87silveradk20. I like the look of stacks regardless of what is running. I'm considering them for my new build as I haven't found anything i'm happy with with relation to my flatbed.

They definitely look good on a flat bed, mine are a little taller than id like, but thats not too hard to fix!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76