Anyone got Stacks?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seanresavy

Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
love to see some pictures of everyones rig that has a stack set up! Looking to do some myself in my 6.2, wanna see what's out there to get some ideas.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

All the stacks I have. Sry crappy pics

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Stacks are for someone that can't pass a commercial driver test or has Masculenity issues.Only exception is a Dodge Lil' red wagon. Where in Cali are you?

Last edited:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci

All the stacks I have. Sry crappy pics
My favorite stacks...

Remember "Stacks" from BJ & the Bear?

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
As you can tell, we love pictures!!!

On a serious note, I honestly don't remember anyone here having stacks. There is one guy who is running a Cummins swap, but I can't remember his SN.

My personal opinion, and I realize it really doesn't matter, is stacks only look good on pulling trucks and semis. And I hate the guys that "roll coal" for ***** and giggles. Not impressive at all. Show me all that power with a wisp of smoke as the turbo spools, but clear up as you get on top of the turbo. <Soap box speech over!>

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Stacks are for someone that can't pass a commercial driver test or has Masculenity issues.Only exception is a Dodge Lil' red wagon. Where in Cali are you?

You must be registered for see images

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
:upyours: all yall haters. Aint a damn thing wrong with stacks on a pickup.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
:upyours: all yall haters. Aint a damn thing wrong with stacks on a pickup.

Other then the fact that he ruined that bed floor.

And the only guy on here with stacks is BigAssTrcks. And all of his are C60/C70's with 366's or Diesels, but they aint no lil 6.2.

The only time ive ever contemplated stacks was on a project idea with a big "cat" under the hood.

{Actually i take that back, there is a 50's Jeep pickup with a flatbed around me that has stacks, but i think its a 4bt or 6bt.And i like the looks of that thing.}

Last edited:

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hmm stacks originated back with farmers, reg under the body exhaust. When the engine backfired could cause the crops to catch fire. Hence the term smoke stacks, this way if the equipment back fired and didn't blow, the exhaust tubing apart no need to worry.

Also most of yall talking **** about stacks, are prob city boys. Nothing wrong with that btw but I like mud,rocks,hills, water crossings. I've gotten stuck in a mud hole I was actually on the outter part when the shoulder broke. Any ways I had the std down the frame and out the rear behind the tire exhaust. NC muddy,river creek water,sand decided to flow all the way to where the cat meets the manifold.

Unless your sitting up high, I'd run a snorkel and stacks anyday. and for a dedicated offroad rig I'd turn the headers up. Run it right out of the hood.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

That's a no for me. Sorry Jim.

I grew up in the country. NEVER have I seen a farm truck with stacks, old or new. Get off your high horse roving4s, your **** stinks just as ours does.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Right on.

I grew up and still live in farm country. The only trucks with stacks I've seen are ricky racer young boys "rolling coal" everywhere. Most of them never tossed bales or touched a cows ****. None of them were off roaders as far as I know. Just saying.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Other then the fact that he ruined that bed floor.

And the only guy on here with stacks is BigAssTrcks. And all of his are C60/C70's with 366's or Diesels, but they aint no lil 6.2.

The only time ive ever contemplated stacks was on a project idea with a big "cat" under the hood.

{Actually i take that back, there is a 50's Jeep pickup with a flatbed around me that has stacks, but i think its a 4bt or 6bt.And i like the looks of that thing.}

Another guy thinking of running stack (or maybe just stack) is "Bagged Dually" but that is because his is a diesel powered truck that'll be laying on the ground

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'm not on a high horse. I just like what I like and don't give a **** what anybody else thinks.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Op asked for pics with stacks, not neg nancys posting why they don't like stacks and blah blah. Then you got the chevy vs ford,dodge,yota crap shut up already, every truck has it limits and it's uses.

Now back on topic, once it gets warmer this coming up spring. I'll paint my 84, install the lift, more aggressive tires and prob run 3" stacks. Why because if that's what I wanna do I'm gonna do it. Ain't compensating for nothing I just like to be the guy who goes against the crowd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54