Anybody change to aftermarket steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Has anybody swapped your stocker for an aftermarket steering wheel? If so which did you go with, how was the install and fitment? And of course...post pics if you have them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boostdtalon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-20
Engine Size
5.7L
I had a grant steering wheel on my 79' that was installed by the PO. Was a better feel than the stock wheel on my 77'. I will probably go the same route but will have to wait until i get a tilt column. I'd imagine it will get in the way of my gauges without one.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
The stock steering wheel on my 74 was wearing out, plus there wasn't much room between the seat and the wheel without a tilt column.

Grabbed up one of these Grant wood wheels when I first started driving the truck around. It took an adapter piece, but it isn't all that hard to install. There is a little play with the adapter, but it doesn't cause any issue with the steering.
You must be registered for see images attach

BlueK20

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have never liked aftermarket wheels, I have a 70's 4-spoke camaro wheel in mine, same as many GM cars of the 70's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88