Another one of my Craigslist finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Try using some long bolts with the heads cut off in the bottom two holes as guide pins. Get em started in the trans and wiggle it in there. It may require removing the motor mounts and putn' em' back on later.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I may try that I think I have some spare bolts I can use. If not I'll just take it out and do it as one assembly and add to the mayhem

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Once I get the trans and converter bolted up it should be smooth sailing I hope I'll have to pull it back up to my garage I moved it out of the way yesterday because I ran out of time and it was to hot so maybe I'll work on it one evening this week or wait til Saturday morning but I need to get it bolted together as an assembly at least before I move in the next three weeks or so

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nice score, That little Windsor looks pretty big in that engine bay.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
It's actually kinda roomy believe it or not with the Windsor, I did get the trans bolts in but because of the dumba&& torque converter bolts I'm going to have to get those lined up so they slide through the flywheel and then finish tightening the bolts down but I have 5 in it

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Anyone got any tips for getting the torque converter studs through the flywheel? Shove a prybar in there and turn the motor over with a breaker bar? Always something little holding up progress

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
just keep turning the motor either from the front or long screw driver/ prybar from the back. Spark plugs out makes it a lot easier

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
just keep turning the motor either from the front or long screw driver/ prybar from the back. Spark plugs out makes it a lot easier

I'll take the plugs out and loosen the bolts on the trans up and try that and see if I can get it lined up to work

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Got the torque converter bolts in shoved a prybar to hold it and get it lines up with the flywheel holes and got everything bolted up like its supposed to be now. Still gotta do wiring, figure out how the front accessories mount and finish up some little things. Hopefully everything else will go smoothly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 91

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB