All-Wood Flatbed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
So it's getting close to the end of the warmer weather and I'm debating on how to get this truck usable during the winter months...

I'm thinking about building an all-wood flat bed just so I can get this thing on the road. It currently has no bed but I was able to finally get it started for the first time in close to ten years last Sunday and just need to get a bastard u-joint for the driveshaft to work with the newrear end and rear brake lines ran to get it moving (that sounds easy enough but I'm sure other things will break on me once it starts moving :Insane:)

So, my question is has anyone ever built a homemade wooden flatbed? If so, please post pics, plans and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I havent done it personally but have seen it done. It's a good option for temporary use in my book. Treated lumber would be best. I think using the stock bed bolt holes to hold the 4x4 cross beams on would be a start Then cap the ends with a 2x6 and lay 2x8s the long way. Use carrage bolts and lag bolts as much as possable with liquid nails in every joint as well. I saw one made out of treated last several years. The guy treated it every fall with thinned out oil base stain top and bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76