Accelerator pedal position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sspence

Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I need to know the distance from the floor pan to the accelerator pedal in a '77 C10. I'm doing a LS swap to the drive by wire pedal and I'm going to have to modify the accelerator pedal to fit. I want to have the pedal in the same position that it was but I've already stripped the cab down to a bare shell and removed it for media blasting so I can't put the pedal back in and measure it myself. I can use the original pedal assembly to get the new pedal situated side to side but I can't get the measurement off the floor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2251 (1).jpg
    IMG_2251 (1).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 163

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Honestly, that's probably something you want to do when you can test fit it in the cab. Also, that's a hard measurement to get. Besides being difficult to accurately measure off the angled floor, most trucks are going to be different due to different carbs and throttle cables swapped in over the years.

You are doing an LS swap because you think it's better than stock, right? You may as well set up the pedal position for your liking too, rather than settling for stock. But that's just my 2 cents.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It would all depend on range of motion of the pedal and your comfort. It's a custom install so make it something that works for you without impedeing its travel.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It would all depend on range of motion of the pedal and your comfort. It's a custom install so make it something that works for you without impedeing its travel.

What he said...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just so long as you have plenty of travel is all that matters. I've smashed the gas through the floor board many times. :shrug: More is better right???

sspence

Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I was thinking that if I had the dimension from the tip of the pedal straight down to the floor, I could bolt the pedal assembly back into the cab, set the dimension to the floor and then either tack weld it or otherwise fasten it so that it would remain in that position when I removed it. Then I think it would be simple to take it to the work bench and modify the new pedal assembly to match the old one. I'm not really interested in a custom position for me, just want to get it back to where it was stock.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Isn't the mounting holes still in the firewall??:shrug: Anyhow, it's 5 1/2" from where the floor slants from the firewall to the center of the mount on the firewall, hope this makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia