A caddy Led light conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Vernon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3l
Hey truck guys! I'm new to this forum. I have a 74 c10 stepside that I'm doing the 89-93 caddy lights conversion on. I'm wanting to tackle the wiring process myself. Has anyone installed these lights in? If so do have a guide to tell me which wire go to which. I bought them new with no detailed instructions. Btw they have a reverse light built into them. I hope for any help thanks

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

dustdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Vernon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3l
Here's a pic of my caddy led tail lights wiring. Can anyone tell me which is which? There's 2 black 2 green 2 yellow and 2 white wires. Has anyone installed these before? Do I need every wire to be hooked up. My new tail lights harness came in I noticed 2 wires per side that hooks into oem lights assemblies and reverse lights as well.

Attachments

• 20170404_102709.jpg
    20170404_102709.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Could take a 9 volt battery and touch wires and see what lights up, that's what I'd do anyway.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Here's a pic of my caddy led tail lights wiring. Can anyone tell me which is which? There's 2 black 2 green 2 yellow and 2 white wires. Has anyone installed these before? Do I need every wire to be hooked up. My new tail lights harness came in I noticed 2 wires per side that hooks into oem lights assemblies and reverse lights as well.

You probably need to get a wiring schematic for the model car they came out of. That should answer your questions about wire color and function.

dustdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Vernon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3l
Could take a 9 volt battery and touch wires and see what lights up, that's what I'd do anyway.

I never thought of that. Will I be able to tell which one will blink for signal and brake?

dustdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Vernon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3l
You probably need to get a wiring schematic for the model car they came out of. That should answer your questions about wire color and function.

They didn't come out of a car. They're a custom light by a company who went out of business. I recall the being custom classics out in Texas somewhere

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
rather than send power into it without knowing what is what I would check continuity with an OHM meter to see which wires are related then try some power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey