A 10yo Boy and his truck, with a purpose.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Dealing with ****** equipment and half ass repairs gets old quick. The fact that your boss wants you to "just run it" even if its dangerous drives me insane, with plenty of laws in place no one should have to drive dangerous **** on the road but we all seem to do it.

I filled out a pre operation sheet for a Caterpillar 777D I drove for years every day. My dash lights eventually were all burned out so I could not see my engine temp, air pressure, brake temp or fuel level. I wrote it up for about a year straight, I even drew a picture of my gauge display. Luckily I got another job before I went through with my devious plan.

I was going to apply my retarder brake and and drive around until the brakes caught fire, jump out and watch a 750k machine burn to the ground. Then I would say, "sorry, I could not see my gauges."

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Im not even gonna mention the place. I worked at a place that required a pre inspect. I wrote something down on the sheet handed it to the boss and got called back into the office and told to redo the sheet and not put this and that on it, since it wasn't gonna be fixed anytime soon, and if there was an accident, they didn't want the liability that they knew about it ahead of time. Well OK Whateverf !!! I didn't stay there long. What the use of the pre inspect sheet if that is your attitude???

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I worked for another company that was like that. I came up with 3 pages worth of faults and I was lectured about being too picky or some ****. Too picky? About safety? Does not compute.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Run as fast as you can in those instances. If a company is not concerned about your safety that would not be a place I'd want to work....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12turnda