87 Side Wing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PulMaFinga

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Hey everyone new to the forum. Anyways just bought an 87 1500 long bed and well needless to say I need to find another side wing on the passenger side. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I have looked on CL here in the OKC area, Ebay, Amazon and cant find a thing. If anyone can help out it would be great.

Thanks!

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
yeah i think he means the vent window, the small triangluar window.

lmc has some but they are $$$ like 300 for a complete rebuild, glass gaskets and what not, try rockauto

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Hey everyone new to the forum. Anyways just bought an 87 1500 long bed and well needless to say I need to find another side wing on the passenger side. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I have looked on CL here in the OKC area, Ebay, Amazon and cant find a thing. If anyone can help out it would be great.

Thanks!
If its just the glass you need any auto glass shop should have it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome Aboard Nick !!! From OKC for real huh??? We need some more OKC people. Not enough of us. I'll look, I might have a passenger wing window I can let go of cheap.

PulMaFinga

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Welcome Aboard Nick !!! From OKC for real huh??? We need some more OKC people. Not enough of us. I'll look, I might have a passenger wing window I can let go of cheap.

Been here in the OKC area for about a year now lol. Yea that would be great! Just let me know. Just really dont want to go to an auto glass shop around here cause I think its going to be expensive. And thats my bad about the term for that window. Thats just what me and everyone on this side of town calls it :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Been here in the OKC area for about a year now lol. Yea that would be great! Just let me know. Just really dont want to go to an auto glass shop around here cause I think its going to be expensive. And thats my bad about the term for that window. Thats just what me and everyone on this side of town calls it :)

I've been in OKC (Moore) since Dec 90 from Los Angeles.
You're right, with all the hail damage around here the last 2 years, glass has gotten expensive only cuz of the gougers and many haven't lowered their prices and keeping them. :flipthebird: Even Pull A Part charges what you can get glass for new. I never could understand it, but the PAP guy told me that people are happy to pay new price for OEM factory glass instead of the aftermarket names.

There are 100 names for wing window, vert window, vent glass, vent wing, wing vent, wing glass...... etc etc

PulMaFinga

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 5.7L
I've been in OKC (Moore) since Dec 90 from Los Angeles.
You're right, with all the hail damage around here the last 2 years, glass has gotten expensive only cuz of the gougers and many haven't lowered their prices and keeping them. :flipthebird: Even Pull A Part charges what you can get glass for new. I never could understand it, but the PAP guy told me that people are happy to pay new price for OEM factory glass instead of the aftermarket names.

There are 100 names for wing window, vert window, vent glass, vent wing, wing vent, wing glass...... etc etc

Midwest City myself but glad to know there is someone on here thats from this area so your not too far from me :High 5: But I went by PAP and they seemed to have either 88 and newer or some model that didnt have my window that I needed. And yea I was happy to not pay over 12 bucks for the window that I picked up but too bad it didnt fit lol.

Monson

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Vent Windows

I was under the impression that all the vent windows were the same size..well on the '73 through '87's anyway. I just got back from a scrap yard and there are around ten square bodies...most look to be early '80's and all the vent windows are in tact. I'm going back next weekend to check prices so I can have a spare or two around but I just thought I'd toss in my question.

88burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If you find a good source I am also looking for a rebuild kit. Really just the little lock part is messed up.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'm looking for the lock from a 1992-95 G van...Since they are black instead of chrome.

To me, chrome belongs on a '58 Olds.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard Nick.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:wtf: better late than never? :shrug:

I think 89S just wanted to pull his Finga !!! Being it's been 9 months since he's been here, oughta make some good stink bait for the boat by now!!!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:wtf: better late than never? :shrug:

I think 89S just wanted to pull his Finga !!! Being it's been 9 months since he's been here, oughta make some good stink bait for the boat by now!!!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA, WTF..... :roflbow: :roflbow: :roflbow:

I don't know how I wound up in here and thought it was new. :shitsweak: :shitsweak:

Hey man, I am just trying to see if he'll come back!!! :crazy: :roflbow: :roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising