84' k10 suspension upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaydee6634

Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A few months back I purchased an 85' C10 parts truck. I found laying in the bed an old set of leaf springs that I believe I can use on the front of my K10. My front springs I believe are shot. Instead of being a "U" shape, they are more flat or even bending slightly the other way, and the front eyelets on both are separated almost an inch where the normal gap is just big enough to slide sawzall blade in. The "New" leaf springs measure one inch thicker(2 more leaves) and from center of eyelet to center of eyelet 48 inches, the ones on the truck now measure 47 inches. Will these "New" leaf springs work for my truck? I plan on buying new bushings and hardware for the install.

Also on the parts truck, the rear leaf springs have 8 leaves and measure 56" eyelet to eyelet. The ones on my K10 only have 5 leaves and are 56" eyelet to eyelet. Can I use these to replace the old rear leaf springs? I plan on buying new bushings and hardware for these as well.

I believe that if I can make both of these sets on "New" springs work, then it will add 1" to the front and back of my truck( came up with this just be measuring the thickness of the stacks in the center). By adding 1 inch to the height will I have to buy special shocks(for lift kits) or can I just buy KYB regular shocks?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
The front springs on these trucks are normally almost flat or inverted slightly. I dont recall what length the front springs measure to for a factory pack, however, adding 2 leaves more than you already have will make the front end a lot harsher riding. Especially if only 2 leaves are adding 1/2" a piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dob555