77 3/4 Ton Lift question??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Scottsdale

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottdale K20
Engine Size
Hey guys. New to the forum here. My question is I just bought a 77 3/4 ton HD Scottdale with the NP203 transfer and All wheel drive set up and I know nothing about these systems. How are they to lift?? Are they strong enough to handle the added drive line angle?? Id like to do a nice full leaf 6" lift and if there's any upgrades needed for the planetary / T-case / Drive shafts I want to do them now before something goes wrong. Thanks for any help!

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
How high are you going to lift it? IIRC driveshafts should be ok up to 6". And at 6" some lower the transfer case a bit to help with driveline angle. Shouldn't be any differant than lifting a non full time truck. Just make shure all tires are the same size, which I'm sure u know already. The system should work the same with the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Hey guys. New to the forum here. My question is I just bought a 77 3/4 ton HD Scottdale with the NP203 transfer and All wheel drive set up and I know nothing about these systems. How are they to lift?? Are they strong enough to handle the added drive line angle?? Id like to do a nice full leaf 6" lift and if there's any upgrades needed for the planetary / T-case / Drive shafts I want to do them now before something goes wrong. Thanks for any help!

6" lift no problem

T-case , I would put a part time kit in the case and locking hubs on the front , but that's just me. You dont have to but I would.

Drivelines , they will work with a 6" but you will wear out your slip yokes a lot faster because they dont have as much spline's in the yokes when they are pulled out , I like to extend mine but thats just me again , (doing stuff the right way).

I would get a frame brace kit from ord , with a lift and big tire's it's not if your frame will crack at the steering box it's when.

Then you will need longer brake lines and you will need to extend your axle vent tubes as well

Then your sway bar , I throw mine in the trash , but a lot of people dont like that idea but to each their own , if you do keep it you will need to drop it as well.

Dont forget you will also need a steering arm , (those are fun to remove) , shock's , ubolt's , spring's , mess with your e-brake cable , get some bad ass 12 wide wheels and 35's , then the chick's will be throwing ***** at you like frisbee's , (did I just say that , sorry but it's true).

:winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

77Scottsdale

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottdale K20
Engine Size
I don't want to get into any crazy modifications so a 6'' is what im going to go with. Looking at the BDS all spring lift. I know the add a leaf kits are fine but I just don't like the idea of blocks with a truck that high and heavy. The kit comes with all components for steering, extending the brake lines and also a T-case lowering mount. I've got a brand new set of Pro Comp 35x12.5x15 just waiting to be put on her. I heard about the ORD frame kits and that sounds like an awful good idea for minimal dollars so that's a must. I already threw some manual locking hubs up front but im still not sure about the part time kit in the T-case. I've heard good and bads about it.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I don't want to get into any crazy modifications so a 6'' is what im going to go with. Looking at the BDS all spring lift. I know the add a leaf kits are fine but I just don't like the idea of blocks with a truck that high and heavy. The kit comes with all components for steering, extending the brake lines and also a T-case lowering mount. I've got a brand new set of Pro Comp 35x12.5x15 just waiting to be put on her. I heard about the ORD frame kits and that sounds like an awful good idea for minimal dollars so that's a must. I already threw some manual locking hubs up front but im still not sure about the part time kit in the T-case. I've heard good and bads about it.

I wish they made the doug nash hub for the 203 still (bullit proof) ,but they dont. I have not had any problems with the other kit's other than they wear out faster but I have not put enough miles on one to know for sure. Most of my trucks I have converted to the 205 case.

I dont think you will have to drop the t-case with a 6" , that's mostly for trucks with 208 case'es.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85