I'm sure it's an age old question, K 20 ride quality improvements.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
For tire inflation, something to remember is that the sticker pressure is to achieve the max load capacity based on the factory tires. At lower loads, lower pressures are not only allowed, but optimal. If possible, find the load/pressure chart for your tire, then weigh the truck by axle or better yet, 4 corner scales at "normal load" and use that to find the right inflation per the chart. Then if you are carrying a load, estimate it or just know that loaded = 45 psi (or whatever sticker/max pressure is) and deal with the ride in those circumstances.
Here's a semi generic chart from Falken for example. What you will generally find is that there's basically a line of pressure vs load that has the max load and max sidewall pressure at the top end, and the sticker axle weight and sticker pressure on the same line, headed towards either zero psi or some other minimum. That line is the optimal pressure for ride, handling, and longevity for your tire.

On my old S10 with wider than stock tires, I ran 22 rear and 26 front vs the 35 all the way around sticker pressure, because it was super light and almost never carried a load. When I did, I put up to 28 rear. It rode great for what it was, but people tended to freak when I told them the pressures. That was determined by trial, error, and checking treadwear. Years later I looked it up and found that it was right on the recommended pressure line.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe