76 GMC C25 Suburban 3-point seat belt trim question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texdave

Reaction score
First Name
tex
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I recently bought a 76 GMC C25 Sierra Classic Suburban and looking to improve the interior a bit as the outside is well taken care of. Seats belts is where I'm starting since it only came with lap belts all around.

I bought a set of 3-point seat belts from LMC Truck. It seems pretty straightforward for the second row bench seat since I just need to pop off the bolt cover on the pillars. The tricker question is how to handle the front row bench seat since there is a piece of plastic trim that covers all of the B pillars from roof to floor.

I took the trim piece out and validated that there is indeed a bolt for the seat belt on that pillar but there isn't a provision on the trim itself to cut out. Also, seems like that plastic trim is required since the pillar itself is not painted the same color as the C pillar and there are holes in the sheet metal closer to the floor. So I can't just install the belts and leave the trim off.

The pillar hardware looks to be a bolt with washers and a plastic cap that goes over it. What's the play here?
* Do I look for another set of pillar trim that has the cutout already?
* Do I need to cut out the trim myself? If so, seems like I would want to cut out enough for the whole hardware and cap piece so I could fasten the metal housing directly to the pillar itself instead of including the plastic trim in it. Tips to do this so it doesn't come out jagged and ragged looking?
You must be registered for see images attach

Rick76

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I would probably try a spade bit myself they have teeth on the outside to score a clean outline. Best to try on a similar material as a test piece to confirm/practice though.

Watch out for the included LMC bolt though. On my 76, my hole threads were sae and the supplied bolt was metric. It seemed like it went in at first and then popped right back out! I ended up buying a set of bolts from summit that actually fit. GM switched this bolt to metric later and that’s the kind LMC gives you in this ‘universal’ kit.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Nice looking Burb, we had a '75 GMC C15 that was that honey gold metallic color. It was an Estate with the vinyl woodgrain on the sides inside the trim.
We sold it to a guy in Conroe who was planning on fixing it up and putting a big block back in it. He'd had it a few days when a big storm came through his property and knocked a tall palm tree down on it. If you can imagine what a truck taco looks like... that's what it looked like!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117