75 454 Holley issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

541joseph

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Anyone know what the idle jets should be for a Holley 750cfm performance carb? It's a stock 454 just want to be able to order the right jets the first time and not spend a fortune on jets.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Anyone know what the idle jets should be for a Holley 750cfm performance carb? It's a stock 454 just want to be able to order the right jets the first time and not spend a fortune on jets.

There is no such a thing, called idle jets on a Holley.

541joseph

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
There is no such a thing, called idle jets on a Holley.
These are the specs on the carb. Had the idle screws all the way in and it was to rich.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

541joseph

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I understand Holley I'm just not familiar with them. And how did I get a bad power valve out of the box? It's a brand new carb and hasn't back fired at all
Well, you asked about idle jets I figured you need to learn about them, lol, Maybe the PV is loose??, if it's a new carb need to make sure everything is tight, and make sure it's all what it's supposed to be, you could even have the wrong one in there who knows, wouldn't be the first time that happened, lol, but if it still runs when the mixture screws are all the way in there is an internal leak and PV is the first thing to check, of course if the bowls are loose you could have a leak elsewhere too..

541joseph

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Well, you asked about idle jets I figured you need to learn about them, lol, Maybe the PV is loose??, if it's a new carb need to make sure everything is tight, and make sure it's all what it's supposed to be, you could even have the wrong one in there who knows, wouldn't be the first time that happened, lol, but if it still runs when the mixture screws are all the way in there is an internal leak and PV is the first thing to check, of course if the bowls are loose you could have a leak elsewhere too..
Ya I understand Holley aren't my best. Qjet and Weber and edelbrock I'm pretty good at. I'll check all that thanks. Haven't opened up a Holley in a while so I'm having some brain farts.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You have a bad power valve.. I suggest you invest in one of these books and study up on how a Holley works, you can't tune em if you don't know how they work..

https://www.amazon.com/Holley-Carburetors-Dave-Emanuel/dp/1884089283
POW! I have had a similar book by them that was published 30+ years ago. It's my bible on Holleys. @541joseph , you need to study one of these books, if you want to truly understand how they work, and how tuneable they are. Your new power valve doesnt even have to be bad- it could be the wrong one, for whatever vacuum you have at idle. I spent 20 bucks on one back then, and I still won't loan it out to anyone. Gold there....

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ya I understand Holley aren't my best. Qjet and Weber and edelbrock I'm pretty good at. I'll check all that thanks. Haven't opened up a Holley in a while so I'm having some brain farts.
Maybe IDAs and DCOEs could be better then a Holley but not the rest Slobberjet and Edelturd no way.

541joseph

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
POW! I have had a similar book by them that was published 30+ years ago. It's my bible on Holleys. @541joseph , you need to study one of these books, if you want to truly understand how they work, and how tuneable they are. Your new power valve doesnt even have to be bad- it could be the wrong one, for whatever vacuum you have at idle. I spent 20 bucks on one back then, and I still won't loan it out to anyone. Gold there....
I will look at one when funds allow!

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I will look at one when funds allow!
Umm. I didn't say this, or anything.....

Ttorrent for now, then buy it. You will have it for MANY years. I would buy another one right now, if I needed it....

541joseph

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Umm. I didn't say this, or anything.....

Ttorrent for now, then buy it. You will have it for MANY years. I would buy another one right now, if I needed it....
I'll look for a book when funds allow

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I

ive never had an issue with qjet. Good reliable carbs.
I’m not a fan and most on here will tell you that lol I am gonna do a how to tune video on an Edelturd though, once I get my paws on one.:flamingdevil:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJinAZ