6.0 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supersoaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0 ls
I would like to use the AC compressor that's on my 6.0 L out of a 07 suburban , In my 77 2wd build :)
what is the best kit for this ?? or should I do a different bracket set up ??

looking for motor and trains mounts.

Thanks

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I would like to use the AC compressor that's on my 6.0 L out of a 07 suburban , In my 77 2wd build :)
what is the best kit for this ?? or should I do a different bracket set up ??

looking for motor and trains mounts.

Thanks

I used Tejas Steelworks mounts for the transmission and engine (Store: https://squareup.com/store/tejassteelworks). They position the engine slightly forward and up, allowing you to use the factory truck compressor (Denso 10S17F or 10S20F). You will likely need to make a small notch on the frame to clear the hoses, but it's in a non-critical area, so not a structural weakness or issue. The Tejas Steelworks mounts also raise the engine enough that the truck oilpan is flush with the crossmember, instead of hanging down below, greatly minimizing the risk of damage to the pan.

The downside is that you will need to have a longer driveshaft built. This is really a good idea anyway, as the factory driveshaft isn't built to handle double the HP and the much higher speeds the LS is capable of compared to the stock engine. An upgraded aluminum driveshaft is a very worthwhile investment.

The notch in my frame is bigger since I have a 1 ton frame with a wider flange. The notch in a 1/2 ton is much smaller.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tejas Steelworks crossmember (1 ton / crewcab version). You can also see how good the oil pan clearance is:

Tejas Steelworks engine mounts (the adapter plate behind the stock clamshell mount):

Last edited:

Supersoaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0 ls
Thanks :) That is one of the kits I was looking at :) and read that in another post you did.. but just went back to find it but know luck LOL I'm not the best at looking things up :)

Your help is greatly appreciated

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I used Tejas Steelworks mounts for the transmission and engine (Store: https://squareup.com/store/tejassteelworks). They position the engine slightly forward and up, allowing you to use the factory truck compressor (Denso 10S17F or 10S20F).

I'm assuming they'll work on a 5.3 as well? If you needed to change the compressor, would you have to disconnect the passenger side motor mount and lift the engine to do so?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I'm assuming they'll work on a 5.3 as well? If you needed to change the compressor, would you have to disconnect the passenger side motor mount and lift the engine to do so?

Yep, they will work the same on a 6.0L.

I can remove and re-install mine if I remove the fan shroud, without touching the engine.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
crap just noticed it's on an R10.

Supersoaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0 ls
Hope to order the motor mount and trans hump mount in a week or two need to pull motor from my suburban

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
crap just noticed it's on an R10.

Yeah, 4WD may be a little different. I have no hands on experience there, unfortunately.

Check out LS Swapped Square Body GM Trucks ('73-'86 C/K & '87-'91 R/V) on Facebook. Lots of good guys and info on there.

Supersoaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0 ls
thanks foamy just looked at that site :cheers:

Forum statistics