4x4 wheel hub caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chepe

Reaction score
First Name
Chepe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
83 K10, 5.3/4L60E, not a beauty queen but a great daily driver. My "4x4" stamped tin wheel center caps were faded to gray and when I would see photos of the big-money restored trucks at auction, I liked the look of the black, orange and yellow caps.
You must be registered for see images attach

^faded

I read this thread

and this thread

and bought some of the stickers suggested, but USA1's own listing is clear that they are not like the original. I didn't like them enough to even try putting them on the truck.

When I got around to regearing the front axle this spring, I stared at those front hubs, wondering if I could paint them myself. I did, and I like how they turned out.

I bought these enamel pinstriping paints on Amazon ($10.95 ea),

plus some cheapo little brushes. The first one was a little messy, and I got better and more patient as I went. If I had to do it over again, I would have heated up the paints a little so that they would flow better out to the borders stamped into the tin. Probably took an hour to do all four. I let them sit for a day, then sprayed a clear. I guess I should have waited longer, one of them blistered up a little with the clear.

Real close and it's obvious I'm not a pro. But from four feet away, they look great. Y'all know how it is - it's nice to bring something back to how it's supposed to look, even something small.

I've learned a ton from this forum, I appreciate you all.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Looks good from my house. Congrats, and you got to love that feeling of pulling something off yourself.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
It looks good. I need to paint one of the cab corner emblems. I replaced the driver side it had fallen off. The pass. side is faded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckboy_17