3d Printed Fender Badges and Emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for some help in reproducing some Fender emblems for my Jimmy. I'm looking to get a set of what I think are the 1978 types that I could have shipped to me for the purpose of taking numerous photos in order to recreate a 3d Printed version. I'd be happy to pay for shipping to and back, as well as produce a set of the 3d printed versions for you once I get the project completed. It's an experiment and learning process for me. The version I am looking for is more a classic version and I have looked but not really find one. Additionally I am not doing a restoration so I'm not necessarily looking for a like new set. I have plans to black out my truck and am going to do the same with the badging so I just want to be able to print these in black PLA and put a little paint on it to have it shades of silver and black.

Likewise, if someone has perhaps already made this in a 3d printer format I would love to get ahold of them.

I've included a photo of what I am looking for so maybe someone can help. I do not need them to be in perfect shape, and if they are even broken and it's possible I could use some adhesive to hold them together while I scan them on a turntable that would work as well.

Please send me a PM if you think you can help out.

Very much appreciated.

(PHotos taken off the internet)

You must be registered for see images attach

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
You may look on www.thingiverse.com

I've tried to get people (not sure I every asked here) to print up something but, for some reason, it's tough to find takers.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
For those interested in something custom and willing to pay, billetbadges.com can do them in metal. Out of my price range.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Saw a post on FB, but damn at the price....was well over $150 for a pair.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
This is the front fender emblem on my '74. What year is the one in the picture, is that the '78?

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
wait, you currently have metal ones and you want to switch to printed PLA badges? You know that stuff breaks down in the sunlight right? Also, unless you have access to a VERY expensive printer they will never come out looking nice and smooth, 3D printed stuff usually looks like it was obviously 3D printed. I'd say stick with your metal ones and just paint them black if you must have black badges. At least they'll last

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
This is the front fender emblem on my '74. What year is the one in the picture, is that the '78?

I did some google searching and 78 is what I came up with for my photo but I do like the look of that one though. Would you be wanting some copies of them in 3D print? The more practice I get at this the better and I would definitely like a copy of them and the ability to reproduce things like this for everyone as well as myself. I know the gmc stuff is harder to come by it seems so getting them digital is going to benefit everyone and like others mentioned, I am not willing to pay 150 bucks for billet stuff I want to throw on my rusty shitbox. That’s money I can apply to the vintage ac setup or a turbo kit!!!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used to repop old emblems - could get them as cheap as $20ish a piece. Problem is you'd have to have about 50-75pcs made. I sold 100% of what I had made but it took a couple years.

Was seriously thinking of making these - probably get me on a no fly list LMAO:

I am making new 4x4 center caps for my ARE wheels - will post pics when I have them back. IMO (fwiw) the 3D printed emblems are awful. Look like they were formed from clay and there will be no chrome.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I did some google searching and 78 is what I came up with for my photo but I do like the look of that one though. Would you be wanting some copies of them in 3D print? The more practice I get at this the better and I would definitely like a copy of them and the ability to reproduce things like this for everyone as well as myself. I know the gmc stuff is harder to come by it seems so getting them digital is going to benefit everyone and like others mentioned, I am not willing to pay 150 bucks for billet stuff I want to throw on my rusty shitbox. That’s money I can apply to the vintage ac setup or a turbo kit!!!

This picture was mostly just to show a different year. No, I don't need copies. Unless I can take the pictures and measurements you may need, this is mounted on a fender of the truck. Shipping would be expensive.:)

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
wait, you currently have metal ones and you want to switch to printed PLA badges? You know that stuff breaks down in the sunlight right? Also, unless you have access to a VERY expensive printer they will never come out looking nice and smooth, 3D printed stuff usually looks like it was obviously 3D printed. I'd say stick with your metal ones and just paint them black if you must have black badges. At least they'll last

No. I have none. My Jimmy didn't come with them thanks to the previous owner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad