1990 3/4 ton Duramax swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codeman

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
I’m considering swapping a duramax into my my concern is will the frame support it or would I be better off dropping the body onto a 2012 2500 frame and having a shop Duramax Specialties install the drive train.

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
The frame will be fine. Precision fabrication plus has the majority of the stuff needed. Be ready to drop a ton of cash and either be able to fab stuff or drop even more cash to pay someone else to do it.

I’m balls deep in my swap, hemorrhaging money with the faintest glimmer of an ending in site but also a complete shop of squarebody parts not resembling a drivable truck.

codeman

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
do you know the mount locations on a 2012? How bad is the fab work, could I take the body mounts and put them on the 2012 frame ? Or is that something I’ll have to have fabricated

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
I would have to guess that would need to be fabricated. I suggest joining the squarebody duramax swap group on Facebook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1