1985 k10 454 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlesamorris22

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Good morning,

I'm in the process of swapping in a mark iv 454 big block in place of a tired 350 (which was a direct replacement for a stock 305 originally). Truck holds a lot of sentimental value to me so I want it done right and am willing to spend a little more to ensure that. My question is, for those who have done this, which brand and model headers work with the least amount of modification? I can do some fab work but would really like a simple bolt on if at all possible. I'm reading that some have problems with the headers hitting cross members, others can't get to plugs and wires, and all sort of issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Charles
1985 k10 swb std cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Good morning,

I'm in the process of swapping in a mark iv 454 big block in place of a tired 350 (which was a direct replacement for a stock 305 originally). Truck holds a lot of sentimental value to me so I want it done right and am willing to spend a little more to ensure that. My question is, for those who have done this, which brand and model headers work with the least amount of modification? I can do some fab work but would really like a simple bolt on if at all possible. I'm reading that some have problems with the headers hitting cross members, others can't get to plugs and wires, and all sort of issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Charles
1985 k10 swb std cab.

I have Chevelle headers on mine. I had to notch the frame for number 1 cyl primary tube. Beeps the headers tucked up in the frame. Check my build thread there are plenty of pics. They are Hedmans.
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/project-willy-lee-1987-v10.18088/

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I run headers for a Nova (made by Hedman) on my C10 (454)and the fit is great, they tuck up in the frame very nice. I did have to lightly tweak the shifter linkage though. Different brands may or may not fit, it's kind of trial and error.

My K30 (454) also has Hedman's, but they are actual truck headers. They also fit well but hang a bit lower. It's not a big deal at all on a lifted truck.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hard to beat Hedman's for fit..

charlesamorris22

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am gonna look into the hedmans...I don't wanna notch my frame at all and the truck is already lifted 6 inches and I might go higher than that! Thanks for the help guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade