1984 silverado trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I have aquired a very nice 84 shortbed with 71k origional miles .The truck has had some paint work in spots but for most part very clean ,question is ,there is no brushed cab mouldings under back glass and doesn,t look like there was any body work done ?did some of these come without them?

The cab back molding was part of the Silverado (RPO YE9) trim package.

K

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...its/Chevrolet-Trucks/1984-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf
You must be registered for see images attach

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
It was also driven by any of the two tone paint schemes where the roof was the secondary color (RPOs ZY2 and ZY4).

K

You must be registered for see images attach

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
I owned a "84" Silverado Shorty/ 2 Tone without the brushed chrome under the window. The truck would probably have
looked like **** in the 2 Tone trim, with it.

oldman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 1500
Engine Size
thanks for all the info ,now im going to look for tee pee emblems ,,,,why I don,t know but they look cool lol

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
My question is if you wanna put the trim on a truck that it didn't have it can you just use some sheet metal screws to hold the white plastic things on?
My 84 came with the brushed cab trim pieces. During my buikd, I opted to remove the mounting tabs thinkwon't come off without a fight for sure. I was gonna keep the trim off. After paint, well...I decided to add the trim back. I used a 3m high strength adhesive trim moulding tape. At grainger its about $12 for a 15 ft, or so roll. The trim pieces wont come off very easily. The 3m adhesive is the same as what is used on most late model vehicles these days.

Btw...if you are interested...I have a pair of brushed corner mouldings with the yellow bowtie emblem....and they are for sale since they are extras.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
QUOTE="ajdemello, post: 382265, member: 12220"]My question is if you wanna put the trim on a truck that it didn't have it can you just use some sheet metal screws to hold the white plastic things on?[/QUOTE]

Don't drill holes...use 3m adhesive foam tape!!!

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
My 84 came with the brushed cab trim pieces. During my buikd, I opted to remove the mounting tabs thinkwon't come off without a fight for sure. I was gonna keep the trim off. After paint, well...I decided to add the trim back. I used a 3m high strength adhesive trim moulding tape. At grainger its about $12 for a 15 ft, or so roll. The trim pieces wont come off very easily. The 3m adhesive is the same as what is used on most late model vehicles these days.

Btw...if you are interested...I have a pair of brushed corner mouldings with the yellow bowtie emblem....and they are for sale since they are extras.
Thanks for the info and I have a pair with the bow tie and a pair with the Teepee lol did you even use the white plastic clips then? Most of mine broke the little fingers off

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
QUOTE="ajdemello, post: 382265, member: 12220"]My question is if you wanna put the trim on a truck that it didn't have it can you just use some sheet metal screws to hold the white plastic things on?

Don't drill holes...use 3m adhesive foam tape!!![/QUOTE]
Well that answers the question I just asked yea I like that idea better. Now if I could use 3m for a visor!

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nope......

..didn't use the plastic clips. I took off the clips anr ran a strip of the foam tape along the upper and lower edges of the aluminum trim. The problem with the plastic clips is over time the get brittle and break off. The trim pieces end up ratlling in place and become loose. If I ever decide to remove the trim even with the adhesive, it can be done and the foam tape can be removed without damaging the paint.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Nope......

..didn't use the plastic clips. I took off the clips anr ran a strip of the foam tape along the upper and lower edges of the aluminum trim. The problem with the plastic clips is over time the get brittle and break off. The trim pieces end up ratlling in place and become loose. If I ever decide to remove the trim even with the adhesive, it can be done and the foam tape can be removed without damaging the paint.
I like that idea!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Moved from the Squarebody Reference Library to Exerior > Paint and Body. If you bookmarked it, reset your bookmark.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20