1977 c10 worth one owner 63k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crankshaft

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looking to get back into square bodies again. I am looking at an original 1977 LWB 2wd custom deluxe 305 no rust 63000 miles one owner slightly faded chocolate brown. What’s a fair value? Has not been started in a year so figuring stank drop and carb rebuild. Thanks for the help

Crankshaft

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also how does the 305 impact value vs 350?

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Is it original miles or just that the odo has rolled over? And although it having a 305 is better than a 6 cylinder.But imo not by a lot.Other things gotta be looked at.Body,interior and the small details and overall condition.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Do some research dude. I hate to be an ass, but there's a **** ton of ads everywhere of people selling squarebodys. See what others are selling for. It's worth what you are willing to pay. And that's different for everyone. Look around for yourself. I was going through a Monte Carlo SS group on FB and was amazed how much some things are going for.

Crankshaft

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
There seems to be some pretty unreasonable prices right now on junk square bodies. Seems they are dream prices to the seller and they are likely never going to sell.

Crankshaft

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Owner is son of original owner who bought in fall of 76 swears it didn’t rollover on odo asking 7500 No dents no rust in usual places. Interior wear seem in line b+ Paint appears solid but faded. Was on road until 2018 and started occasionally up until a year ago until battery died. Elderly owner has had no initiative to mess with it to get it to start. Hard for me to drop $7500 based on faith that all we be ok after carb rebuild/tank clean out and a battery. Trucks are like crack I am just trying to be smart on this one

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
The price doesn’t seem unreasonable based off of the description. Pictures would help in getting better input from the community here. Low miles is a huge plus and they are only original once. For me, I’d be all over an original low miles unmolested square for around that price. 7500 is a good starting point unless they are firm on price. You can always shoot a reasonable offer to them and start the negotiations. If it were me, I’d go $1000-$1200 below and work up from there.

Crankshaft

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the input that’s part of my research I was looking for. Because of the one owner low mileage that’s why I can’t quit this thing. I don’t want to get burned on the fact it is not running. The owner is not a car guy and doesn’t seem to want to put any time/money in a battery and carb job but “knows what he has” I will at least bring a battery and some fresh fuel to try before I buy.

You must be registered for see images attach

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I looked on FB Marketplace for my area and the best I could find in that configuration was $6500 for a decent looking running/driving truck. I think based off of pictures you posted, the seller may be asking a bit on the high side.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
It's nearly impossible to get an agreement on value when you're getting input from everywhere. The guys that deal with snow and road salt put high dollar values on trucks that elsewhere you would have to pay someone to haul them away.

Based on the wear of the brake pedal, it appears the claimed mileage is accurate. Looking at the overall condition and considering the 305, I would be looking at something closer to $6k as a fair price.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Thanks for the input that’s part of my research I was looking for. Because of the one owner low mileage that’s why I can’t quit this thing. I don’t want to get burned on the fact it is not running. The owner is not a car guy and doesn’t seem to want to put any time/money in a battery and carb job but “knows what he has” I will at least bring a battery and some fresh fuel to try before I buy.

Yes, a battery and fuel. Bring a bottle of Windex, roll of paper towels and an air compressor or hand pump......... drive it home.

Crankshaft

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
With my opinion I think we actually have a consensus around $6k. Growing up in TX I used to get these trucks around $2500. Bought one from a friend clean straight and no rust with AC for $750. Got a beautifully redone 85 6.2 k10 with a banks turbo and leather seats for $7500 when I lived in NY so I know about how rust free is so important. I have had at least one or more of Chevy truck body style from 1963 to 2010. Just trying to separate the pie in the sky junk and the apparent COVID tax every thing for sale seems to have now for real world value with other square body fans who likely congregate with others with similar mind sets. Thanks again and I will follow up on how this goes

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Where to start….
First, lazy slobs like the current owner just piss me off.
Second anyone who can’t at least clean it up and have it running….see my first gripe, lol.

Third, it’s not chocolate brown, that’s the dirt! It’s a maroon color.
4th it’s a super low optioned truck, so any “upgrades” if you restore it, would need to be added.
5th, engine and trans could be good for another 50000 miles or you could make it halfway home only.
6th, if you plan on fixing it up, any parts that are a “B” or lower in condition (paint, interior, trim, etc) will need to be rebuilt or replaced anyway. So not really “better” than a part or paint job that is a C or D condition.
And if you’re just looking for a spot and shine driver then there is some value to “decent looking” parts.
7th. “Original miles” means nothing. It’s not verifiable so who cares. Looking at the brake pedal pad though it’s very probable it is original miles. Again like the asthetics, 45 year old brakes, and all other parts are just as likely to fail or need to be rebuilt or replaced as a truck with 3x the miles.

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It appears to be a very solid truck body wise, not hacked up, etc. But the owner is dreaming at $7500.
If your serious and the truck is nearby, I’d go look at it. I wouldn’t even give the lazy **** who’s selling it the benefit of you getting it running for him. That will just be his catalyst to think it’s worth even more.
Look it over make an offer flash some cash and if he dont accept it, leave. And give him your number.
If he actually agrees on price now or later, THEN start it and make sure the drivetrain works before handing over the money.

Now if money is not a huge object for you and this is “the truck” you’ve been searching for, disregard my advice and buy it. You only live once and it’s probably a $5k truck anyway, if it cleans up and runs pretty good.

Good luck, and please slap the lazy _____that inherited that truck!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And that paint may actually polish up nice. If it’s been under a roof and a layer of dirt, paint may be pretty nice still. But you’d have to determine that in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512