1973 Custom Deluxe Very Clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigchevytruckdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
3500,K10
Engine Size
http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/3105629284.html

Check this thing out, breaks my heart to get rid of her but I don't have the time or the money to work on it anymore and she will far better serve someone else. I do not know anything about shipping but you guys in the rust belt would **** when you saw this clean beast. Tiny bit of rust in the front pass fender that has a little ding anyways so probably be best to replace.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Clean truck!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I think that bad flywheel is going to hurt your asking price a bit hoss.

bigchevytruckdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
3500,K10
Engine Size
89 sub I actually was thinking along the same lines so today I swung by the parts store and picked up a starter, flex plate, and a trans filter and gasket since I was going to have the trans out anyways. I got under there pretty damn confident it was the flex plate so pulled the drive line disconnected the speedo cable pulled the bolts out of the pan so the fluid could drain while I was messing with other stuff, disconnected the parking brake cable, removed the dust cover off the flex plate, and right about then I thought man that was stupid flex plate appeared un damaged...had the wife bump the starter to see if I could see why she wasn't cranking smooth and low and behold the bendix was barely even attempting to engage the flex plate and was ground to holy hell from the few times I had fired it up since this was amiss.

Threw the new starter in and bingo fires right up smooth as a babys bottom shut it off and fired it sevral times without issue. Gonna go ahead tomorrow and run by the dmv and square the reg up and maybe even throw some new carpet down a seat cover and hell maybe even a roll in bed liner.

Price is now firm and it will not be ready for a couple weeks.

:)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yeah. Get that title issue fixed. I'd say that will hurt the price more than anything.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Threw the new starter in and bingo fires right up smooth as a babys bottom shut it off and fired it sevral times without issue. Gonna go ahead tomorrow and run by the dmv and square the reg up and maybe even throw some new carpet down a seat cover and hell maybe even a roll in bed liner.

Just keep it IMO :handshake: You'll thank me later.

bigchevytruckdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
3500,K10
Engine Size
Old 77 I would love to keep her but I don't have time to play with her or even drive her, either way though she is all fixed up, cleaned up, and I even went to DMV. The registration is current and in my name and the pink will come in 4-6 weeks. So two major problems wiped off the board.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
89 sub I actually was thinking along the same lines so today I swung by the parts store and picked up a starter, flex plate, and a trans filter and gasket since I was going to have the trans out anyways. I got under there pretty damn confident it was the flex plate so pulled the drive line disconnected the speedo cable pulled the bolts out of the pan so the fluid could drain while I was messing with other stuff, disconnected the parking brake cable, removed the dust cover off the flex plate, and right about then I thought man that was stupid flex plate appeared un damaged...had the wife bump the starter to see if I could see why she wasn't cranking smooth and low and behold the bendix was barely even attempting to engage the flex plate and was ground to holy hell from the few times I had fired it up since this was amiss.

Nice job. :waytogo:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus