Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Built Ford Tough !!! If you're waiting on Triple A for a tow, it might be a minute....or two.

This is actually quite common on these F450 and F550s. Dodge has a problem too, but the frame bend, usually don't break.
You must be registered for see images attach

perky

Reaction score
First Name
Perky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
V8
On the topic of frames breaking, I sent my Dad to buy a single owner 132k mile old guy owned 1998 ranger as a daily, sounds great, right? Well he went out, did as I asked, and brought it over. Looked under it briefly for leaks and rust, seeing none, then started detailing the interior. Got everything super fresh and clean. No signs it had ever been worked hard in its life. I looked at the passenger side frame on my way inside, mostly checking tire tread. F###. Nice and crispy crack that shows light, so, my exciting mint inside and out daily driver is f###$#. It runs like a top, has great sound, and is super comfortable , but unfortunately extreme structural damage is a turn off for me. This is what I get for thinking I can break the 5+ generation streak of chevy trucks I guess lol.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Know how to ruin a battery? Put it in a Ford.It becomes a Ford battery

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey! If I go outside and try to startt mine it most likely wont start! I feel attacked!

Ngl tho for a red truck, that doesnt look too bad. Im not big on red trucks.
Actually, I owned 2 96 Ford F150 trucks that was like this body style. I bought them brand new and got the company I worked for at the time, I got their fleet price, actually better than their fleet price and reason why, cuz they did give me the fleet price but because I was a persoanl buyer, not a fleet buyer, I was able to also get the personal buyer rebates on top of getting fleet price. haha, my employer was a bit jealous. I bought them about 9 months apart. They were standard cab 2 wheel drive 300 I6 5 speed manual trucks with Tilt, Cruise AM/FM with AC and then the what was called the TexasOak package, for TX/OK region it was just a small upgrade package for base model trucks to have some chrome bumpers, grill, alloy wheels, AC, cloth seat and tilt and cruise. They were actually good trucks. Of course I didn't have them but a year each but I ran the hell of out them for that year I had them. Took good care of them though, they still looked like new trucks other than the inside of the bed paint cuz I used them for work trucks and I did not like bed liners for water to get trapped in between the liner and the bed to start rust. So I figured when I got done scratching it up I'd just do a spray in bed liner. Well, being I bought them right on the price, got a great interest rate when I financed them at no money down, I actually had equity in them and that's very very rare for a Ford since they don't hold their value, AND remember the 97 new body style was out by then. To be honest, a lot of people didn't like the new body style, and a lot of die hard Ford truck guys loved loved loved those 300 I6 engines and that TXOak package trucks, so I didn't get hurt bad at all and made a **** ton of money in those trucks, and the colors actually matched my company trucks and what I was doing was doing subcontract work installing built in appliances and window unit air condiitoners for the company I worked for customers. They'd buy the merch from us then they call some Jose or Pancho to install it for them and that was between the customer and them not us. Well, once the salesmen figured out I could install this stuff, they just started asking me if i could do this or that and I set up the install with the customer direct. So I actually helped my company make more sales but being able to offer installation. So I made as much money doing side hustle installs in my own trucks as I did working doing deleiveries for that company.

Our Delivery Trucks were white with all the company lettering on them, and a Tommy Liftgate and a rack for tieing down appliances. Our store managers also had trucks and they were either sold white or solid red which was the company colors. So when I bought this truck personally, I got white like our delivery trucks with the same color red stripe that matched the managers solid red trucks. The company ended up buying the rest of their managers trucks in this color scheme.

And don't noone tell anyone I bought Fords. I only did it cuz they were dirt cheap and I was trying to match my company for side hustle biz and it worked well. They ended up paying me mileage when I used my own truck to deliver some stuff when we'd get over busy and I'd let a guy I trusted drive my assigned manager truck. I hated that, cuz I had a phone mounted in my managers truck, but he was insured to drive the company truck, he wasn't insured to drive my personal truck. That didn't happen often though.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Built Ford Tough !!! If you're waiting on Triple A for a tow, it might be a minute....or two.

This is actually quite common on these F450 and F550s. Dodge has a problem too, but the frame bend, usually don't break.
Sooner or later, they will all break. Although I have to wonder about that one. Flat beds or tow trucks mostly loaded the opposite way, front end light.

We had several GM trucks that needed frame repair. One of my SB frame was replaced entirely. Was cracked in several places and bent from use.

We used trucks until frames started to fail. That was in the area of 3 motors and 300-400K miles. However, have to admit they are abused nearly every day.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sooner or later, they will all break. Although I have to wonder about that one. Flat beds or tow trucks mostly loaded the opposite way, front end light.

We had several GM trucks that needed frame repair. One of my SB frame was replaced entirely. Was cracked in several places and bent from use.

We used trucks until frames started to fail. That was in the area of 3 motors and 300-400K miles. However, have to admit they are abused nearly every day.
GM learned this broke, bent or cracked frame lesson in the GMT400 series trucks. GMT800 and went to a hydroformed frame system.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Actually, I owned 2 96 Ford F150 trucks that was like this body style. I bought them brand new and got the company I worked for at the time, I got their fleet price, actually better than their fleet price and reason why, cuz they did give me the fleet price but because I was a persoanl buyer, not a fleet buyer, I was able to also get the personal buyer rebates on top of getting fleet price. haha, my employer was a bit jealous. I bought them about 9 months apart. They were standard cab 2 wheel drive 300 I6 5 speed manual trucks with Tilt, Cruise AM/FM with AC and then the what was called the TexasOak package, for TX/OK region it was just a small upgrade package for base model trucks to have some chrome bumpers, grill, alloy wheels, AC, cloth seat and tilt and cruise. They were actually good trucks. Of course I didn't have them but a year each but I ran the hell of out them for that year I had them. Took good care of them though, they still looked like new trucks other than the inside of the bed paint cuz I used them for work trucks and I did not like bed liners for water to get trapped in between the liner and the bed to start rust. So I figured when I got done scratching it up I'd just do a spray in bed liner. Well, being I bought them right on the price, got a great interest rate when I financed them at no money down, I actually had equity in them and that's very very rare for a Ford since they don't hold their value, AND remember the 97 new body style was out by then. To be honest, a lot of people didn't like the new body style, and a lot of die hard Ford truck guys loved loved loved those 300 I6 engines and that TXOak package trucks, so I didn't get hurt bad at all and made a **** ton of money in those trucks, and the colors actually matched my company trucks and what I was doing was doing subcontract work installing built in appliances and window unit air condiitoners for the company I worked for customers. They'd buy the merch from us then they call some Jose or Pancho to install it for them and that was between the customer and them not us. Well, once the salesmen figured out I could install this stuff, they just started asking me if i could do this or that and I set up the install with the customer direct. So I actually helped my company make more sales but being able to offer installation. So I made as much money doing side hustle installs in my own trucks as I did working doing deleiveries for that company.

Our Delivery Trucks were white with all the company lettering on them, and a Tommy Liftgate and a rack for tieing down appliances. Our store managers also had trucks and they were either sold white or solid red which was the company colors. So when I bought this truck personally, I got white like our delivery trucks with the same color red stripe that matched the managers solid red trucks. The company ended up buying the rest of their managers trucks in this color scheme.

And don't noone tell anyone I bought Fords. I only did it cuz they were dirt cheap and I was trying to match my company for side hustle biz and it worked well. They ended up paying me mileage when I used my own truck to deliver some stuff when we'd get over busy and I'd let a guy I trusted drive my assigned manager truck. I hated that, cuz I had a phone mounted in my managers truck, but he was insured to drive the company truck, he wasn't insured to drive my personal truck. That didn't happen often though.
I dont have chrome bumpers or grilles(factory, I made my grille and bezels chrome) and I just have lowely XLT. I wish I had 5 speed manual, the e4OD saps a LOT of horsepower from the 300. About 25-35 people estimate.

The manual trucks feel a bit more spiritied just not having that parasitic loss lol
I also have lowsy 3.08 rear axle ratio. Nice looking trucks tho. Swing out mirrors would be an improvement. 2wd life lol.
This generation body style of Fords were last style I could tolerate.Those rounded off frontend/backend trucks are hideous that came out later.Sheetmetal on steroids designed by a cokehead designer!

I feel like a cokehead would value using even numbers for lug studs and creativity.

Im not sure what the f250 light duty was!
but, my dad had a 1998 F250 light duty most of my early childhood. base model, bare bones. Had AC, had 5.4 and presumably a 4r100. 2wd. He said it was one of the best trucks he ever owned and regrets trading it.

But he was pissed about the wheel thing.. lol. It was silver with red interior, i remember that dumb looking dash like it was 20 years ago

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I dont have chrome bumpers or grilles(factory, I made my grille and bezels chrome) and I just have lowely XLT. I wish I had 5 speed manual, the e4OD saps a LOT of horsepower from the 300. About 25-35 people estimate.

The manual trucks feel a bit more spiritied just not having that parasitic loss lol
I also have lowsy 3.08 rear axle ratio. Nice looking trucks tho. Swing out mirrors would be an improvement. 2wd life lol.

I feel like a cokehead would value using even numbers for lug studs and creativity.

Im not sure what the f250 light duty was!
but, my dad had a 1998 F250 light duty most of my early childhood. base model, bare bones. Had AC, had 5.4 and presumably a 4r100. 2wd. He said it was one of the best trucks he ever owned and regrets trading it.

But he was pissed about the wheel thing.. lol. It was silver with red interior, i remember that dumb looking dash like it was 20 years ago
F250,7 lug was a fake 3/4 ton.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrenchersllc