Ordering new Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
You know I really like them. I was skeptical after the issues I had with installation, but at the end of the day it actually worked out. I will say a couple of things though:

1. As with all aftermarket seats, they sit pretty high. The universal subframe design used by the manufacturer results in a pretty high seat. Not so high that I feel like I'm in the roof, but I definitely feel like I'm perched up there. I do have a much better view out the windows though.
2. The seats feel like they may be designed for a bigger guy than me. The seat bottom is fairly wide and could handle a much bigger ass than mine. Also, it seems like the cushion is designed for a slightly longer leg. I'm only 5' 11" so I'd say a 6' guy with a few more pounds than me would probably fit better.
3. Silly, but the built-in cupholders need to be deeper. I would not trust them with a drink going around a corner at all.
4. I definitely lost a lot of legroom in the back. I'm not sure how or why, but there is definitely a lot less space compared to the bench seat. If you look in the pics, I used to be able to fit that sub behind the passenger side of the bench on the floor. No way could I do that now without pushing the passenger seat way forward.

So long story short, would I do this again? I think so. I did have issues, but the company ultimately took care of me. Are these seats perfect? No. But I think I can make some the issues above a little better once the warranty is up and I'm free to modify things a bit.

Now all I need is a friggen headliner!

Vpilot

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered the same seat for my '84 in gray leather.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered the same seat for my '84 in gray leather.

Good luck and post up when you get them installed. Are you installing in a single or crew cab?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Those seats look awesome! And probably feel even better!
They don’t look like they’d fit in a reg cab pickup. Because I’d consider it if they did.
But they look to have a much longer seat cushion and the seat back is pretty thick.
the buckets with jump seat and console is a perfect combo.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Those seats look awesome! And probably feel even better!
They don’t look like they’d fit in a reg cab pickup. Because I’d consider it if they did.
But they look to have a much longer seat cushion and the seat back is pretty thick.
the buckets with jump seat and console is a perfect combo.
I've actually seen pictures of these seats in single cab trucks before. That's how I found out about them in fact. So they might just work!

I will say the build quality is not exactly OEM. The center seat is a bit weak, but a little elbow grease and some heavy duty hinges would easily fix that. Otherwise the seat fabrics and foams seem very durable.

Oh, and plan on modding the cup holders. As built they are basically glorified coin trays. My plan is to pull some out of a junk yard car and fab them in somehow. They just need to be deeper is all.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
I ordered Procar Scat seat hope they fit like yours! :)

Attachments

• Blog_WeektoWicked_6.jpg
    Blog_WeektoWicked_6.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84