LF turn signal wont shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bijoukid

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10,k20
Engine Size
My left front turn signal wont shut off on my 1975 k20
The hazards work and this all started when i tried the hazards to make sure they worked. The turn signals had been working fine before, but the pickup had been parked for a while. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Won't turn off automatically as you turn, or is on all the time?

My guess is the turn signal switch broke.

You can kind of see how it works here - the 3rd image down on the left shows one upside down. ( Car Parts .com )The black piece side is down when installed and part of the hazard portion and the springs are what cancel the signals after turning.

bijoukid

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10,k20
Engine Size
Won't turn off automatically as you turn, or is on all the time?

My guess is the turn signal switch broke.

You can kind of see how it works here - the 3rd image down on the left shows one upside down. ( Car Parts .com )The black piece side is down when installed and part of the hazard portion and the springs are what cancel the signals after turning.

Is on all the time, i have to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. Ive jiggled and moved the turn signal switch and hazard switch but it hasnt made any difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag