Lakeland Florida checking in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLKnifemaker

Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I just picked up an 87 Silverado 4X4 from my old neighbor. I have been watching this truck sit for about ten years. He kept in in great shape, this truck never worked a day in it's life. The body is perfect!! 83K on the truck about 500 on the mildly built 350. The original factory spare, jack and everything is still where it belongs. It needs some TLC along with new window rubber, shocks, tires, carpet and headliner. I'll probably put a 2" lift in it, just to have new springs and all new suspension. The Florida sun ate up everything but the paint!! The last time it drove was in 06 but was started often while it sat. It took a while to get the leaves and mud wasp nests cleaned out! They actually jammed up the right rear drum brake, no kidding :( Well, here it is, before the TCL starts!! Great forum, so far I've enjoyed lurking, reading and learning.

Attachments

• Silverado1.jpg
    Silverado1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 72

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Welcome. Good looking truck. You know, if the springs have sagged that much, you'll gain a couple inches with just new stock height springs.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome! Looks mint...

FLKnifemaker

Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Thanks guys! CSFJ, I cant really tell how much the stock springs have sagged. The tires on it now are 33X12.50's that are slightly worn. I would like to clear fresh 33's doing some light offroading but I'm not wanting to go much higher. The urathane bushings in the newer shocks are gone, it looks like they melted, LOL!! The rest of the suspension rubber is also pretty bad. I just thought that replacing everything with a new, modern system would be the way to go. The sun really killed the rest of the rubber on the truck as well. I just ordered all new window seals, set covers, carpet and tore the headliner out!! I'm having fun with it, so far.

FLKnifemaker

Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Welcome! Looks mint...

The original paint is almost perfect. There is one "patina" spot on the roof from the sun but its just surface rust, barely through the primer. The rest of the body is perfect. No dents dings, NOTHING!! The bed was full of leaves that was starting to turning to dirt. I caught it just in time, the paint was starting to bubble. It will get a spray liner very soon. I'm really digging the sound too! Mild cam, headers and Flowmasters, its got a nice BARK!! :D

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size