instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boothby1952

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Picked up a decent original instrument cluster and bezel for my 78 gmc k15 as what came with the truck was an aftermarket cluster that doesn't look right. And really doesn't fit right either. The original cluster is missing several lights and the main connector that plugs into the circuit board. I've been looking for these parts for awhile now, but no luck. Anyone know where I can find these? Thanks for any suggestions.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Picked up a decent original instrument cluster and bezel for my 78 gmc k15 as what came with the truck was an aftermarket cluster that doesn't look right. And really doesn't fit right either. The original cluster is missing several lights and the main connector that plugs into the circuit board. I've been looking for these parts for awhile now, but no luck. Anyone know where I can find these? Thanks for any suggestions.
that doesnt sound like a decent original cluster then lol
You must be registered for see images attach

does it have actual gauges or the dummy lights like you see on mine? I didnt know what you meant by light (backlight vs dummy vs indicator)
also here is a 78 k10 with AC bezel. upscale bezel because trim I believe(not important, just the shiny part basically)

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Is this what you need?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

If I follow you correctly, the connector you are referring to is part of the truck wiring harness.

If by lights you mean the bulb holders, can you reuse your old ones ? If not, they can be purchased new - there are 2 sizes. 1/2" & 5/8", IIRC. Mine takes the bigger ones.

Attachments

• Cluster Plug 20180703_191337.jpg
    Cluster Plug 20180703_191337.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 56

Frank B Richards

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
say can anyone tell me which wires are my turn signal wires in the plug. From what i have found out on a 77 its suppose to be # 14 an 15 but my plug does not have wires in those slots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes