Ignition Switch Help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
When I turn the key, it does not spring back to the "on" position, it just stays all the way to the "start" position. Truck won't even turn over at this point, but the lights and radio work no matter where the key is turned. From what I read, this is due to the switch being bad. I plan on changing the ignition switch in the AM, but anything else I need to look at? Its a tilt wheel, column shift. Any help is appreciated!

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Pick one of these tools up, it makes removing and installing that locking plate a million times easier. I personally tried for several hours without the tool and gave up, with the tool it took five minutes. 89 Sub did a great writeup on taking steering columns apart and stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the info, I got that tool and have that piece off. I'm able to grab the starter actuator rod with a plyers to start the truck, but the key does nothing, so my educated guess is that the rod disconnected from the actuator. What tools are needed to pull the column apart further? I may just have a mechanic come do it quick since they have done it before I'm sure. I just want my truck back on the road!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64