Gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
Your happiness with the 305 won't last long. :lol:

My ex and I are building a truck for her, we've decided on 4.56 gears and a 38-40" tire. She even made a deal on the 60 for the front to start the build. It's already in the shop. :D

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I enjoy my 305 and maybe a lil bit later i'll drop my 350 in..I have one I built a few mouths back for a guy and he never paid so it has crossed my mind a few times but i've been looking for another truck for my girl cause she loves mine

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm jealous of you guys and your girls liking trucks. My ex, that was one of the things I loved about her too. She liked trucks too. The bigger, the louder, the faster, the better. Her coworkers would make fun of her driving my biggo truck, then she gets out and its 5'3 100-105 little girl. They always said she looked like a sports cars girl and she make barf noises and say NOOOOOO. Even Cooler, I usually got a new truck every 8 month -16 months, and she'd get my current truck, then we'd sell the the last one she got. Once I did surprise her, I had her pick out my truck that time, then I let her drive it. Of course we shared like we both owned them so we switched up often between each other too, of if her's was low on gas I'd drive it and fill it up that day, and she'd drive mine. Sucks things turned out like they did, we did have some cool **** going on.

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Trust me I went threw some jack asses before I got the great one..she has her own 4 wheeler and loves to go to my shop and work on cars with me, we go to WV twice a year and ride our 4wheelers and the more mud the happier she is, not to mention she aint scared to drink a cold beer with me...thats why i'm trying to find her a SB to lift so she'll quit driving mine and sticking me with her dakota quad cab..lol..2wd

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So here's what you do. Let her drive your K10 with the Wee O Five, then find you a K20 with some tougher axles and a Three Fitty or a Fo Fitty Fo !!!

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I hear ya...that sounds good but I have a feeling she would take over that one too..lol

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
I'm jealous of you guys and your girls liking trucks.

easy for you to say, you don't have to build a truck on 1 tons with pink trim. :lol:

We haven't even found the truck yet, or really started looking, and she has already named in Karma...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
NO thang, as long as it's all 1 color and performs well I wouldn't care about the color near as much. I'd say OK you can have Pink seats, and I get the blower, you can have pink trim, and I get the ARB Air Lockers, You can have a pink steering wheel, I get a D60 front axle. :rofl:

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
NO thang, as long as it's all 1 color and performs well I wouldn't care about the color near as much. I'd say OK you can have Pink seats, and I get the blower, you can have pink trim, and I get the ARB Air Lockers, You can have a pink steering wheel, I get a D60 front axle. :rofl:

That's the thing, it's not my truck at all.... I'm just building it, she its bank rolling it, and helping, along with our 4 year old daughter, who is surprisingly handy. Kind of a ' family' project for the three of us. I just get to do the work. Fortunately, we're also bringing my dad in for final smoothing of the body and applying color... I hate that part. Lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:rofl: Must be one BADAZZ... PINK truck !!!

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
Not all pink, just pink trim. Truck will be black or gunmetal grey.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not all pink, just pink trim. Truck will be black or gunmetal grey.

That won't be bad. Might actually be pretty cute or sweet looking. No pun intended.

The girl better not let you drive it. Around here, these country girls like trucks, and with a little pink girly looking decore, it would be a Cooter Magnet !!! I might just have to try that. Get the K1500 painted white, lift it, paint a pink stripe on it and baboom !!! Cooter magnet and the tailgate would be getting dropped quite often. Of course if I lifed it, I'd have to back up to a tree stump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazdar