Dash Bulb Problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RicktheEngineer

Reaction score
First Name
Riccardo
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Hello GM and Chevy drivers! I am new to the site and I apologize if this thread has been posted in the wrong subsection! But here is the problem I am having...

I wanted to address a bulb that wasn't illuminating on the gauge cluster. I took everything apart, and I got to the seemingly burnt out bulb (the one right behind the fuel gauge on the right, and spoiler, it wasn't actually burnt out). I removed it and stuck a new 194 bulb in. Nothing! Then I got a new socket for it, still nothing! replaced all 3 bulbs in that area with fresh bulbs, still nothing! Here is where the mystery comes in. There are 3 bulbs in the speedometer/fuel gauge area. I removed the center bulb between the fuel and speedo (socket and all) and stuck it onto the fuel gauge side on the right, and boom light! However, when I then swapped the socket for the now empty middle one, nothing... I tried LED and incandescent bulbs too... so basically, I can only get 2 out of 3 of the bulbs to light no matter what I try. Traces on the back of the cluster seem literally perfect, and I cleaned the contacts... It just seems to only want 2 out of 3 bulbs to light up no matter what I try. Any thoughts? Thanks so much everyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
di11ard