Carrier swapping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junkyardrich

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 ci
Hey guys I need quick answer please...have a Dana 60 locker#18515 g1r29 41-11
And would like to swap it into my 6lug gm #3817778 11:41.this is just single trac with 12 ring bolts.
The Dana has 10 ring gear bolts.
Will they interchange I'm in a pinch and without a truck at the moment.help will be much appreciated

junkyardrich

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 ci
I was afraid of that.guess I'm going to have to suck it up and buy new lockers front n rear .I have been sitting on new boggers for 3yrs .38.5x15. need to open my fender wells too anyway to get them under it without more lift.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Any recommendations to which lockers are best ?

What gear ratio do you plan on running and what type of driving do you intend to do with those 38" Boggers?"

Honestly Sir, unless it's gonna be a street truck the 1/2 ton axle set wont live long on 38" boggers, small pinion shafts, smaller diameter ring gear, smaller axle shafts, weak stub shafts, and small u-joints are all on borrowed time not to mention the housings don't hold up well either.

If it is a street truck why bother with the expense of locking differentials, just run em the way they are.

You'll be money ahead saving up parts for a 1 ton swap while being gentle on the stock axles as opposed to investing in cool parts for the stockers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005