Yay or nay (poll)

Stay with rallies or splurge for 17”

• Stock Rallies

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • Torque Thrust II

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
In the big picture there isn't enough savings there to even worry about this. You are going to save maybe 200.00 but have to buy 2 new wheels and 4 new tires are full price,and at a time you didnt need them and weren't even looking for them. Spending 1200.00 to save 200.00 doesn't make sense to me.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
I like them, however not what I would choose for a square. I do have them on my Camaro. Later wished I had some back with Cragars like I had on the previous Camaro. Real question us how much storage space do you have? Obviously you would need too keep both so you can swap back and forth depending on your mood for the day.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
In the big picture there isn't enough savings there to even worry about this. You are going to save maybe 200.00 but have to buy 2 new wheels and 4 new tires are full price,and at a time you didnt need them and weren't even looking for them. Spending 1200.00 to save 200.00 doesn't make sense to me.
Yep, you’re speaking my language. If they were a set I was jazzed about and had planned on buying them in the future anyway, then it would be a go.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I like them, however not what I would choose for a square. I do have them on my Camaro. Later wished I had some back with Cragars like I had on the previous Camaro. Real question us how much storage space do you have? Obviously you would need too keep both so you can swap back and forth depending on your mood for the day.
I wish that I liked Cragars on squares, but it’s not my thing. I think on passenger cars, they’re still badass. My dad dated a gal after the divorce in the 80s- she had a black T/A with Cragar s/s and white letters. That thing was gorgeous.

As far as the Torque Thrusts, a guy from my AA fellowship was just offering them to me. So I figured I’d at least give them a look since he took the time to get them out of storage. But I don’t think I could ever get used to them.

The only thing that is nice about them is the weight- they sure are lighter than those rallies. But that’s not a huge concern to me (though my tennis elbow would argue otherwise when lifting them up to put them on).

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Im in both camps here, i like em both!!
Same ^^^^ I'm a big fan of rally wheels but like the torque thrusts too.

One on one side, one on the other. Whatever mood your'e in, your covered.

LOL... My dad tells a story about one of his co-workers driving a truck with a blue accent stripe on one side and green stripe on the other, he said it was like 2 years before the guy ever noticed they were different.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Same ^^^^ I'm a big fan of rally wheels but like the torque thrusts too.

LOL... My dad tells a story about one of his co-workers driving a truck with a blue accent stripe on one side and green stripe on the other, he said it was like 2 years before the guy ever noticed they were different.
Kinda like my s10 that has wheel arch mouldings only on one side. Only because half the set came in destroyed so i only used half lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef