Wiring through firewall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneShot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Hey,

Simple question - I want to run two CB antenna wires, a tach wire, and a wire for my air horn solenoid through the firewall and I can't find an obvious place to do it. I don't want to drill any holes. Any ideas on what the best place to run them is?

PS... also any ideas on the best way to mount an under dash CB (under the radio) without drilling holes? I have the mounting frame.

Thanks!!

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Holes and grommet through the fire-wall, be sure hole and grommet is big enough to accommodate any further up-grades, seen or unforeseen.
Drillum holes under dash, makeum sure they is into sheet metal and not into plazdick.

OneShot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Holes and grommet through the fire-wall, be sure hole and grommet is big enough to accommodate any further up-grades, seen or unforeseen.
Drillum holes under dash, makeum sure they is into sheet metal and not into plazdick.
I appreciate the input but that's not really helpful. I would like NOT to drill holes in anything to keep it original and not have to pay hundreds of dollars for a new dash. If you have any ideas about that it would really help, thanks.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Just fish the wires through with the largest group of wires.

The cb cables would probably require drilling a hole or two. Use windshield sealant to seal the grommet to the sheet metal and to seal the cable through the grommet

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
there is a spot right by the steering shaft to put wires through

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
On the '79 I had years ago, I used the 2 lower ashtray screws, if I remember correctly. I think I drilled new holes in the cb bracket, and attached it using those screws. I know for sure I didn't put any new holes in the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35