Wipers turn on with headlight switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
Pretty recently when I turn on my headlights/headlight switch the wipers will do one swipe across the windshield. Wipers work normally when using the wipers during normal operation.

I pretty sure I can track it down, but was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and could help dial me in for a quicker fix. Its more annoying than anything and it drives me nuts when things in my rig dont work properly....lol.

Specs: 87 Chevy K5 Blazer, TBI 350

Thanks in advance

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
You got high beam on the turn switch? Maybe a short in the harness in the column?

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
Yup, high beam on the column. I will be checking things out this weekend. Thanks.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I seen the harness from that turn signal weaken and break right where it pivots on the column. That is just one of a multiple possibilities of your problem, I am sure, lol.

But I am thinking that because of the way the intermittent just does the one sweep, so I am thinking it's something in the turn signal handle or harness. Good luck.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
k10 silverado, k10 suburban
Engine Size
Mine swipe once randomly...I think my problems the switch ...I can look at it just right and they cone ob lol

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You got high beam on the turn switch? Maybe a short in the harness in the column?

I'd pay close attention to the circuit for the quick wipe it does after you squirt the windshield cleaner stuff. It may be shorting there and kicking that on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krogers98gmc