Wiper switch connector wire colors and functions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don-T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The wiper motor in my '73 no longer works and I can't find one so i bought a motor for a '82. I then discovered the switch in. the '73 doesn't work with the '82 motor. I have ordered a switch for a '82 but I can't find a connector/pigtail for it. I have also not been able to find a picture or diagram to show how the switch needs to be wired. I do have some info that tells me the wire colors for each function but not what terminals each wire goes to. Does anyone have a picture of the wiring connected to theh switch or a diagram of it? By the way, I believe I will have the 2 speed switch with the intermitent settings.

Don-T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I found some additional information. The terminals are marked A thru F. It should be easy enough to figure out where A and F are, then I’ll know the rest of the terminals. I still have no idea where I can find a pigtail/connector. If i don’t find one soon I will try to solder wires to the terminals.

K5 Blazer

Reaction score
First Name
Holden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.0L LS
Hi, Did you get this sorted out?. I am in the same situation. My 1973 K5 Blazer wiper motor does not work and I am trying to figure out the solution.

Thanks!

Don-T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I did get the wiper/washer working with parts for an 83 truck. I have a Painless Wiring full harness so I don’t know how much help I can give as the wire color codes are different than stock.

The wiper motor mounted in the stock location but the link from the motor to the wiper arm linkage did not fit. It needed more offset. I made a new link with some scrap metal.

I bought a wiper switch for an 83 from LMC. It requires a different connector on the back of the switch which may be hard to find. I did locate one on Ebay which was part of the intermittent function. The module was known dead per the seller but I only needed the connector for the wiper switch. I had to modify the dash a bit to get the switch in the right spot to fit the switch opening in the dash bezel.

The connector is marked A thru F the wire for each pin in the connector are as follows, as I noted above, I can’t give you the color codes as mine are not stock.

A - Switch illumination light
B - Park switch
C - Low speed
D - High speed
E - Ground
F - Washer activation

I hope this is somehow helpful to you or someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507