Who is running pro comp front springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
Okay here is the deal.
I want to do a 52" swap up front and a shackflip in the rear but I don't have the time or parts for that just yet and my tires are ****. I found a great deal on some decent 35s and turbine wheels on craigslist so I started looking for lifts and I ran across a great deal on a pro comp lift. That will get me on new tires the cheapest so I can put money towards my final goal.
Problem is there are really bad and good reviews for the front springs. Some people say they ride really bad and others say they are not bad at all..... They have to be better than mine with frozen shocks.

I need to hear opinions from people with actual experience from thier own rigs or friends.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I'm running a 6" Procomp all spring lift, rear spring are ok, front spring are stiff as f%$k. But then again its not any better than the 4" Rancho I had on there before, or the Superlift 8" I had on there before that. I've been pondering removing the shortest bottom leaf on the front packs, and adding a zero rate add a leaf from ORD, and see if the ride is better. Don't get me wrong though, the ride isn't terribly terrible, but its far far from comfortable.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm running a 6" Procomp all spring lift, rear spring are ok, front spring are stiff as f%$k. But then again its not any better than the 4" Rancho I had on there before, or the Superlift 8" I had on there before that. I've been pondering removing the shortest bottom leaf on the front packs, and adding a zero rate add a leaf from ORD, and see if the ride is better. Don't get me wrong though, the ride isn't terribly terrible, but its far far from comfortable.

To expect comfort out of a solid axle in these trucks is silly. There is a reason why IFS was invented for lol.

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm not looking for a great ride or anything....I build and ride choppers so if I can tolerate that I should be fine haha.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
To expect comfort out of a solid axle in these trucks is silly. There is a reason why IFS was invented for lol.

Zero lift, stock springs ride pretty darn comfortable, but who wants a short 4x4 with 30" tires on 15X7 wheels.

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
Zero lift, stock springs ride pretty darn comfortable, but who wants a short 4x4 with 30" tires on 15X7 wheels.

Ain't that the truth. I really was thinking of avoiding lifting my truck but I just can't get over how goofy it looks with the tear tires so far inside the wheel well And such tiny tires. My stock Toyota had bigger tires than this and had factory flares to cover them up because the stuck out from the body.

IMO these trucks look perfect as a DD with 35s and 4" lift. And every bit bigger they just make you say "hell yeah"

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Ain't that the truth. I really was thinking of avoiding lifting my truck but I just can't get over how goofy it looks with the tear tires so far inside the wheel well And such tiny tires. My stock Toyota had bigger tires than this and had factory flares to cover them up because the stuck out from the body.

IMO these trucks look perfect as a DD with 35s and 4" lift. And every bit bigger they just make you say "hell yeah"

Agreed!:headbang:

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
I'm getting the lift for 150 including shocks and hardware. That's a really fair price. And I'm getting 35" A/Ts on 6 lug turbines for 150. I need new shocks anyhow and for 300 bones I'll be getting nitro shocks and 4" of lift and 35" tires.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I'm getting the lift for 150 including shocks and hardware. That's a really fair price. And I'm getting 35" A/Ts on 6 lug turbines for 150. I need new shocks anyhow and for 300 bones I'll be getting nitro shocks and 4" of lift and 35" tires.

No doubt, your getting a hell of a deal there. Just keep in mind that you'll need other parts. Raised steering arm, extended brake lines, swaybar drop kit, transfer case drop(if you go with a 6"), longer U-bolts(if you use blocks in the rear. Might not seem like much, but those little knick knacks add up. But in the end, its all about how you feel about your accomplishments, you'll be stoked!

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
No doubt, your getting a hell of a deal there. Just keep in mind that you'll need other parts. Raised steering arm, extended brake lines, swaybar drop kit, transfer case drop(if you go with a 6"), longer U-bolts(if you use blocks in the rear. Might not seem like much, but those little knick knacks add up. But in the end, its all about how you feel about your accomplishments, you'll be stoked!
Yeah the lift comes with all the extra stuff. It is installed on a truck that's being parted out so all the stuff is there wish part of the reason I want it. Then once i make my shackle flip and get stuff for my 52s in front it'll be a whole lot less stuff to deal with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mousta5