Wheels 79 K30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Our Old Brush truck was a 52 Dodge Power Wagon.
although it was a great ride and pretty much unstoppable, the younger guys could not drive it.
No power steering or power brakes made it dangerous.
So this is an upgrade... LOL the most important part for me was the ability to work on the truck ourselves.
and I didn't want another "Dedicated" brush truck but instead a multi purpose utility pick up.

Now THAT is awesome. Did you guys keep the brush truck for parades? The 79 is gonna be like a cadillac compared to old Dodge.

We have a 1917 Brockway that still runs and has period correct gear on it. We dont drive it, but it'll move under its own power.

Most of the young guys dont run the van either. We have power steering and brakes but a fully loaded van with a th400 doesnt really like to stop or go in a timely manner. Know what I mean? lol

Brian Quigley

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Now THAT is awesome. Did you guys keep the brush truck for parades? The 79 is gonna be like a cadillac compared to old Dodge.

We have a 1917 Brockway that still runs and has period correct gear on it. We dont drive it, but it'll move under its own power.

Most of the young guys dont run the van either. We have power steering and brakes but a fully loaded van with a th400 doesnt really like to stop or go in a timely manner. Know what I mean? lol

Unfortunately due to space issues (we have a big fire house, but lots of toys) i sold the 52 to a collector down in NC.
We have lots of old relics around and some on display, we have a two person pull hose cart that sits on a loft that is early 20th century,
Not sure where it came from but it is cool.
Our department was established in 1945.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb