What sensors are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Hey guys,

When I removed my old 350 TBI from my 87' 1/2 ton, there was only one wire I had to cut. And I'm not even sure what it was for.

But...does anyone know what sensor it is to the left of the flex plate in this pic?

Looks like it had a heat guard or something of the sort around it. I sold the factory powertrain quickly after I removed it and I have no clue what that was for.

Also, what is that sensor on top of the manifold there that's pointing to the left?

I know these are pretty easy questions for the gurus. lol

Attachments

• Old engine sensor.jpg
    Old engine sensor.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 165

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
the one pointing left, at the back of the block, below the spark plug wires is an oil pressure switch. It feeds to your dummy light for low oil pressure.

I cant see the other. Maybe open that picture in windows paint and circle them. Then upload for us.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
on the side of the engine you have the oil pressure switch and the o2 sensor

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
O2 sensor is in the exhaust manifold-not engine. The left sensor is the pressure switch for the oil/choke light and the top one is the pressure sender for the oil gauge.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
the one pointing left, at the back of the block, below the spark plug wires is an oil pressure switch. It feeds to your dummy light for low oil pressure.

I cant see the other. Maybe open that picture in windows paint and circle them. Then upload for us.

Perfect, thanks! I've got an adaptor and a new oil pressure sender rigged up for my LS motor to my 87' guage. That should work. And I shouldn't require the low oil pressure switch with the new set up as the LS motor doesn't need that signal to run. Although it would be nice to have.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
O2 sensor is in the exhaust manifold-not engine. The left sensor is the pressure switch for the oil/choke light and the top one is the pressure sender for the oil gauge.

Right you are, thanks man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20