What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Gonna be a paint dust storm ripping five coats including primer.
Going through that much I'd be more inclined to chemical strip it. I'd be afraid of heat,warpage and grinding through edges.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Tried citristrip on a section, kinda slow and only removed a single coat. Not a fan of harsh chemical risks, hoping most of those coats are thin bomb spray so the nylon paint remover roller works easy. If not, I will be considering plan B, not sure what that might be. Gonna take my time and moving around to different panels; not even certain I will get much done this fall but gonna start up top and down low. I’d like to paint the top and bottom white sections and interior before the snow flys. I keep reminding myself I’m not building a show truck, going for function rather than fashion. BTW, thank you for the advice.

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
@mxer147 Sorry I didn't open the thumbnail before.Just did. I thought you bought a belt sander. Let us know how your new tool works.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Snagged this box at the swap meet last weekend at Triple Crown of Rodding. He was asking $80 and it was full of bodyshop supplies already. I threw out $50 and he loaded it up with the 2 water pumps and air cleaner lid that were sitting on top too lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Tired of drivers hogging up the drawers.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Tired of drivers hogging up the drawers.

Great idea! Frees up some drawer space, and uses the space in the cabinet side, plus they're accessible when you need them.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Great idea! Frees up some drawer space, and uses the space in the cabinet side, plus they're accessible when you need them.
and can't wait for the grandkids to see them and explain the difference between standard and metric. Lol, to young to know but they'll know they are different by the tape.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Three new tools. The greaser thing works nice if you can get straight to the fitting, but if you need a right angle, forget it. Missed two fittings on car because if this. Its too big.

The borescope from amazoon was cheap, like $60 (Not sure), but its got like 10 feet of cable. What the hall for? You cannot push it down a straight pipe, and you cannot steer it. The lenses that came with it are useless for seeing around corners.. You cannot see anything.

The light.. I think $22, from the zoon, is wonderful- Truly.. Powerful magnet, rechargeable, 4 levels of very bright.. and very small, so you can put it in the dashboard, or just about anywhere. But, batteries stay charged about 3-4 hours when on bright..

Attachments

• Library - 1 of 4.jpeg
    Library - 1 of 4.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Library - 4 of 4.jpeg
    Library - 4 of 4.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Library - 3 of 4.jpeg
    Library - 3 of 4.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Library - 2 of 4.jpeg
    Library - 2 of 4.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 27

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Three new tools. The greaser thing works nice if you can get straight to the fitting, but if you need a right angle, forget it. Missed two fittings on car because if this. Its too big.

The borescope from amazoon was cheap, like $60 (Not sure), but its got like 10 feet of cable. What the hall for? You cannot push it down a straight pipe, and you cannot steer it. The lenses that came with it are useless for seeing around corners.. You cannot see anything.

The light.. I think $22, from the zoon, is wonderful- Truly.. Powerful magnet, rechargeable, 4 levels of very bright.. and very small, so you can put it in the dashboard, or just about anywhere. But, batteries stay charged about 3-4 hours when on bright..
The locknlube is definitely a tool for a double grease gun system. One regular tip grease gun, one locknlube, it really does help with stubborn zerks as well as most are accessible.

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
I’ve got what looks like the same one? Does yours have the side camera as well? I’ve found that to come in handy more than once

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
With the engine swap I broke down and picked up a 2 ton engine hoist from a older lady who had it on the side of the road (needed a new hydraulic cylinder, still was half the price of a 1 ton after adding the cost of the cylinder) And finally grabbed a small 110 flux core MIG welder for the shop/barn... we have an old school Licoln tombstone arc welder but definitely needed something easier to use on smaller stuff. Soon-ish we will be upgrading the shop air compressor for something quieter and then I'll probably be gathering up painting tools since we both plan on painting our project trucks ourselves... well primer for his. Me and my brother share a barn/shop, he's working on a 65 Ford F-100 and I have an 81 C-10.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Got a new light from Malco.? Miniature trouble light, answered a few questions and th
is showed up...BRIGHT!!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
$120 and about 20 miles away. The jack didnt come with, I had it already, it's an old ac delco 20 ton. Carolina tool and equipment is the maker, model CP-100, seems to be a 30 ton press.

It's definitely well used but the main frame is in good shape. I've been waiting a good while for the right deal, everyone wants $1000 dollars but you can buy a brand new bend pack press for $600.

I got it cleaned up decent and smoothed some of the sharp edges and gouges with a flap disc. The sliding platform needs some work, it's spread a little bit and slightly bent and booger welded. I'm probably gonna flip it over cut out all of the braces, slide some cardboard between the platform and the frame for some buffer and clamp it down then reweld it completely. That way I can get my money out of it, and it won't be all sloppy so I'm not fighting stuff trying to kick out all the time, the bottom is straight so it's useable for sure.

I also cleaned up the center pin, that top unit is ever so slighty catty wampus, I'll just get something on one side and give it a good self correction lol. I'm also going to get some new pins for the platform, there are some bent bolts in there now. The only other thing is the crossbar on the bottom was hacked and booger welded as well. Other than that it's a decent unit, enough for me. The color is one of my favorites on old tools as well.

Now just to find the right drill press, and I'm pretty well rounded out for the big stuff. My garage is looking pretty vintage lol.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dumber than hell I know.....but with the truck on hiatus (for various 3rd world country reasons)....its what I'm doing in the meantime.

Many years ago I bought an old Dayton fan from a closing factory. Production date 3/86 and although it worked, it was rough. So I dismantled it - used 2 packs of steel wool removing the rust and pits from the cage.....then had it zinc plated like new. Did the same thing with the blades (which are shaped like catcher's mitts and move air like an F5 tornado). Tore the motor down....was very rough. Innerds had been cut and bastardized. Was missing its switch. Power cord was 3 different wires black taped together. Was looking for a switch and found an NOS motor in the box on feebay.....same PN and a production date of 8/87. Was marked for clearance for half than just parts would cost me for this one. So I get it and begin re-assembly. Made a new grill badge too. Old motor was 1/4HP, 6A, 1068 rpms and 1/2 shaft. New one: 1/3HP, 8A, 1760 rpms and 5/8 shaft. Went to my buddy's shop and drilled / reamed the collet - worked perfectly. Got everything together, and to be blunt.....1760 v 1068 is very noticeable. Was blowing tool cases off the table. lol So found an NOS (Made in USA) 10A Dayton speed controller to set it more where I want it.....and still be able to move weather patterns when I want to also. Here's pics of my new 28 yr old wall fan:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB